Couponing?

Sarah Johnson

Do any of you ladies/gents coupon? I have been heavily couponing for over a year, and I love it.

I keep approximately 3-4 months worth of stock in case of emergency, and then donate the rest to my church and local shelters. I cook for 8-9 people a night, so it's definitely a big help!

I used to but find I don't have much time to do it. With the rising prices, I might have to find time to do it. When I did do couponing, it was exhilarating the number of free items I could get! I love the idea of donating items to charities in need as well! :)

I haven't taken the time yet, but I probably should! It seems like such a great deal if you really make the effort.

Do any of you ladies/gents coupon? I have been heavily couponing for over a year, and I love it.

I keep approximately 3-4 months worth of stock in case of emergency, and then donate the rest to my church and local shelters. I cook for 8-9 people a night, so it's definitely a big help!

Do you get coupons from weekly mailings, or search online?

Amber- a bot of both, actually. I use a coupon database to check my local ads with, and it tells me when a coupon was put out, and if it was in my local paper or if it's available online.

I get papers weekly, and the rule of thumb is usually 1-2 per members of your household.

I get one delivered, and stop and buy the rest. Some metro areas have specials for delivery for couponers. It wouldn't hurt to check out, if you are looking to get into it. :)

I do when I get the chance. However, I should be more diligent. It saves a lot of money. Has anyone tried getting coupons online? I did for a while but it became a hassle. Plus, I was using a lot of ink to print out the coupons at home. Actually, I needed a coupon to buy more ink for my printer.

Amazon has *amazing* deals on ink! I got some XL cartridges, in sets of all colors, for under $10. I was paying roughly $25 for black ink alone, and $45 for the other colors in XL.

Thanks for the tip about Amazon Sarah. Does that apply to ink cartridges for all printers or are we talking about a different type of ink cartridge?

I just signed up for coupons at couponmom.com However, I need ink for my printer to print them out. Looks like it will save me some money.

I tried a couple of years ago but found that the coupons were mostly for things or brands I don't use. I saved very little. Given the time I was putting in, reviewing store ads for corresponding coupons or sales and the little return on my time invest I was getting, I quit. I'm glad to read so many of you are finding it useful.

I understand what you are saying TheresaL. I am using it for the products that I use all of the time. For example, laundry det. and shampoo, soap... Every penny counts.

That makes sense Christine. I don't get a newspaper so we don't get the coupon inserts. How do you go about finding coupons online?

Brand loyalty has to become pretty non existent when you coupon. Instead, like for laundry detergent, I've found scents for most brands I like, and go from there.

Then, if I catch a sale on brands I really like, I stock up pretty well. Last time that happened I got roughly 40 bottles of Arm and Hammer, and paid approx. $30. We have a large family, and do 1-2 loads a day, so that lasted us about 4 months.

Hi TheresaL, I googled "online coupons" and I signed up with coupon mom dot com. There are a plethora of coupon sites and that's the downside. There are so many- but you decide which site works best for you. I hope this helps.

I did coupon mom for a long time. They try to match online stuff with store & newspaper coupons. If you don't get the paper, it doesn't really help much. But thanks for trying! Maybe I'll Google it too and see what I can find.

I just found out this weekend that if you are an MVP member at Food Lion, there is a kiosk right inside the entrances, and you can scan your card and they print out coupons for you! The coupons are only good for that day, so you'll have to look them over and see what you'll use immediately. But it was a great new discovery for me, because it gave me a great discount on produce and a few dollars off my complete order. Example, the coupons I got this weekend were for $3 off any produce purchases over $10, and $5 off my total order if it was $30 or more. There were other coupons for individual items, but didn't really apply to that shopping trip. It's good to know for future shopping at Food Lion though!

That's awesome! We don't fave a Food Lion here, unfortunately.

Check your coupon policy at your local Kmart- some of them double coupons if you spend $25 or more.

We don't have a Food Lion here either. but we do have a CVS pharmacy (a drug store that sell everything from makeup to toilette paper and pick up you meds.) that employs the same concept as Food Lion.

Back