Wonderbag African Slow Cooker (non electric)

Geri K

$_12.JPG

Eco-friendly slow cooking. No plugs, no fuss: Slow cooks your food, unplugged, by retaining the heat from an initial simmer on the stove
  • Stress free holidays. Perfect for the holidays when stove and counter space are at a premium. Many uses: keeps items cold or frozen, too!
ebay.com/itm/Wonderbag-Non-Electric-Portable-Slow-Cooker-/201185519276?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

This is interesting! I have not known of a crockpot which is not electric!

Have you used one of these before?

wow. this is really interesting. If an electric slow cooker take on avg. 7 to 8 hours to cook, I wonder how long it takes for a non electric slow cooker.

$_12.JPG

Eco-friendly slow cooking. No plugs, no fuss: Slow cooks your food, unplugged, by retaining the heat from an initial simmer on the stove
  • Stress free holidays. Perfect for the holidays when stove and counter space are at a premium. Many uses: keeps items cold or frozen, too!
ebay.com/itm/Wonderbag-Non-Electric-Portable-Slow-Cooker-/201185519276?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
My mother and sister both have one of these. They live in the UK, but my mother got hers from S. Africa, where her sister lives, and her sister swears by it. They use it for hot meals, and also for making yogurt. My mother says it's amazing to not have to plug it it. She heats it up to boil, then simmer, and then leaves it for hours, just like a crockpot, but the styrofoam keeps it hot enough to cook what's inside. I don't have one and haven't tried it yet, but would love to one day.

Thanks. I don't have a lot time to post, but I do appreciate my crockpot and am looking forward to seeing recipes and learning about more ways I can be thrifty with my time and money. :)

Back