Wild Turkey in Mushroom Gravy

Geri K

Wild Turkey in Mushroom Gravy
If you have a turkey hunter in your family this recipe is really easy to make and will make your wild turkey turn out nice and tender. Use wild mushrooms if you have any such as morels or hen of the woods instead of canned mushrooms for an outdoor tasty delight.
This recipe comes from Turkey and Turkey Hunting website.
2-3 lb wild turkey breast (skin removed)
salt and pepper
1/4 cup chicken broth
10 3/4 oz can condenced cream of mushroom soup
4 oz can sliced mushrooms (drained)

Place wild turkey breast (cut in 4-6 pieces) in crock-pot. Season with salt and pepper. Mix broth and soup; pour over wild turkey. Add mushrooms. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours. (high 3-4 hours)
Check meat occasionally as not to overcook and have the turkey fall apart.

This one also sounds delicious! My family did a lot of hunting while I was at home and it can save the family money in the long run. Thanks for sharing!

This one also sounds delicious! My family did a lot of hunting while I was at home and it can save the family money in the long run. Thanks for sharing!
Yes I agree, a freezer full of wild game can save money although I think some people shy away from wild game because they don't know how to prepare it right. It can be very frustrating when the meat turns out to taste gamey and bitter. That's why I recommend the crockpot for cooking it in especially for beginners. Slow cooking with the right spices makes all the difference in the world.

Back