Which plants grow well together?

I have done some research on this and found some of the following combinations work well together when planting vegetables and herbs, or different veggies together:

radishes along with chervil
tomatoes along with basil, parsley, dill, or sage
cucumbers along with lemon balm
lettuce along with corn, carrots, dill
peppers along with marjoram
cabbage along with sage or mint
green peas along with caraway
carrots along with parsley, sage
broccoli along with dill, peppermint, rosemary
eggplant along with thyme

radishes beside pole beans
broccoli beside celery
carrots beside onions
leeks beside cabbage
potatoes beside bush beans

Does any one know of other combinations that work well together?

I have done some research on this and found some of the following combinations work well together when planting vegetables and herbs, or different veggies together:

radishes along with chervil
tomatoes along with basil, parsley, dill, or sage
cucumbers along with lemon balm
lettuce along with corn, carrots, dill
peppers along with marjoram
cabbage along with sage or mint
green peas along with caraway
carrots along with parsley, sage
broccoli along with dill, peppermint, rosemary
eggplant along with thyme

radishes beside pole beans
broccoli beside celery
carrots beside onions
leeks beside cabbage
potatoes beside bush beans

Does any one know of other combinations that work well together?
This is interesting because I was always told not to plant dill near tomatoes because the tomatoes would pick up the taste of the dill. I have been avoiding putting dill near tomato plants for years, possibly for no reason since it looks like the two work together well after all. Has anyone ever had a bad experience with dill affecting the taste of any vegetables it was planted near? Perhaps this is just an old wives tale that I fell for.

Some tomato varieties may be more favorable to plant along side dill. I generally do marigolds nearby since it is a habit for me.

Here is a video I found from the Chef's Garden:

I had some good luck with using corn stalks to support green bean vines and planting squash at the base to shade the roots. One mistake I made was to plant turnips and radishes too close together. They cross-pollinated and the turnips looked lovely but tasted like zesty radishes!

Thank You Barbara this list is very helpful. I have a Book I take out & leave when Im Gardening in Spring. I have a Mail Box I have for garden items??

Back