What won't you buy online?

christine

Big ticket items, like a car or computer are a couple of things that I will not purchase online. Somethings, you just have to see and touch in order to make the right purchase.

I've leaned the hard way not to buy shoes - just haven't had good luck with fit when I tried that. When I did, I made sure they offered free return shipping as well.

I guess I can be a little frugal. Sometimes I will go into the store and try-on shoes, then go online to see if I can get them for less. Yes, it's time consuming, but it's worth the bargain.

Anything that has a size involved: shoes, clothing, coats. Even in the stores sizes vary from one manufacturer to another. I also wouldn't buy a car online unless it were somehow new & directly from the manufacturer but I would checked it out in real life somewhere before making the purchase.

Anything that has a size involved: shoes, clothing, coats. Even in the stores sizes vary from one manufacturer to another. I also wouldn't buy a car online unless it were somehow new & directly from the manufacturer but I would checked it out in real life somewhere before making the purchase.

Same for me. No clothing or shoes. I would purchase other things--like computers. Just seems like the easiest way to get the best deals. Plus I dislike dealing with the salespeople who try to add more and more to your order. Happened the first time I bought a laptop and they added on so many costs for things I ended up not using. When that one died I went online and was able to get a much cheaper one with only things I needed. I guess you do need the experience of buying in person before buying online.

I generally don't buy anything online that I would need to know the size for; except for my kids. I won't buy my shoes or theirs online though because I hate returning and the hassle involved so I would rather go to the store. I don't buy big ticket items online either because I am afraid they will arrive broken, I won't like it, it will get lost, etc. lol. I am a worry wart. I do buy kid's toys, diapers, stuff like that online.

I agree with everyone else that clothes and shoes are not something I want to buy without trying it on first or at least seeing it in person. Plus having to send an item back is such trouble that its not worth it. I believe that some stores will let you take the items back to the store even if you buy it online. Even then I probably wouldn't buy it online. I did buy my laptop online but I saw it first at Walmart and it was a better price from the manufacturers website.

I guess I am addicted to buying online. I even purchased bathing suits online. Has anyone tried Ebay or any other auction sites?

I guess I am addicted to buying online. I even purchased bathing suits online. Has anyone tried Ebay or any other auction sites?

I love eBay, Amazon, and Half.com! They are great places to find items you are looking for at a good price!

I am not much of an on-line buyer, except for plants and seeds. Hubby loves to buy online. My electric knife died - after about 30 years - and he bought one for me on-line. It came today and is really nice. I use it to slice the Italian Roast Beef (see my posted recipe) as it is best if sliced really thin. I have to admit, it is almost like Christmas when something arrives. I have bought some clothes on-line. I don't mind doing so if it is a brand, style, and size I am sure of. Yes, I have had some disappointments, but not that many.

Back