What natural home cleansers do you use?

christine

I am getting very uncomfortable using the toxic chemicals to clean my home. Every time I use them, especially the bathroom cleansers, it stings my nose and throat. I recently picked up an all natural brand, but it's a little pricey. Maybe I can make my own cleansers?

I am getting very uncomfortable using the toxic chemicals to clean my home. Every time I use them, especially the bathroom cleansers, it stings my nose and throat. I recently picked up an all natural brand, but it's a little pricey. Maybe I can make my own cleansers?
Here are a couple recipes for homemade cleaners.
Baking Soda
Baking soda's mild abrasive action and natural deodorizing properties make it a powerful replacement for harsh commercial scouring powders. Put baking soda to work in your organized home.
Sprinkle baking soda onto a damp sponge to tackle grimy bathtub rings, scour vanities, or remove food deposits from the kitchen sink.
For tougher grime, make a paste of baking soda and water, apply to the tub or sink, and allow to stand for 10 to 20 minutes.
Dirt, soap scum and deposits soften and are easier to remove.
organizedhome.com/clean-house/pantry-recipes-homemade-cleaning-products?page=2

Here are a couple recipes for homemade cleaners.
Baking Soda
Baking soda's mild abrasive action and natural deodorizing properties make it a powerful replacement for harsh commercial scouring powders. Put baking soda to work in your organized home.
Sprinkle baking soda onto a damp sponge to tackle grimy bathtub rings, scour vanities, or remove food deposits from the kitchen sink.
For tougher grime, make a paste of baking soda and water, apply to the tub or sink, and allow to stand for 10 to 20 minutes.
Dirt, soap scum and deposits soften and are easier to remove.

Furniture Polish
This "salad dressing" recipe for furniture polish avoids the danger of silicone oil, found in most commercial polishes and sprays.
Silicone oil can penetrate tiny cracks in furniture finish and enter the wood, causing problems in the event refinishing is needed.
Lemon juice dissolves dirt and smudges, while olive oil shines and protects the wood.
Furniture Polish Recipe
Mix in a sprayer bottle:
· 1 cup olive oil
· 1/2 cup lemon juice
Shake well and apply a small amount to a flannel cleaning rag or cleaning cloth. Spread evenly over furniture surface. Turn cloth to a dry side and polish dry.

Well, just to update you. I've been using baking soda as a house hold cleaner and it work great.

Well, just to update you. I've been using baking soda as a house hold cleaner and it work great.
That is great to hear Christine. Another plus with baking soda is that there is no powerful smell to contend with. The smell of comet for instance is overpowering when used in a small space such as a bathroom.

Back