What are your plans for the 4th of July?

Barbara G.

Staff member
The 4th of July holiday will be here in weeks! We are going to have a family get together and do fireworks. We will be having a fish fry as it stands right now with fresh fish from our area.

So, what are your plans for the 4th of July holiday?

OMG, I have been thinking about fish for the past few days now. But I really liked your cola ribs recipe. I guess it depends on the weather. If it is too hot, I will do the ribs. If not I will probably fried some fish. What type of fish do you usually fried. Do you have any good recipes. I use canjun seasoning mix with old bay seasoning. I like my fish a little spicy.

I have not even started thinking about the fourth yet. We will probably just do something simple like a small cookout and then some fireworks. Or, we may go down to the beach and watch them set off fireworks. That is always fun.

I wish I was going to the beach, but it gets so crowded on the holidays! For the 4th of July, I'll be having a cookout and pool party with friends. Our county has a big fireworks display they put on at night, so we'll be going to watch that rather than try to do our own fireworks.

We have a huge fireworks display in NY. But you have to get there early to get a good sit and since security is so tight, so won't be able to move around until it's over. Also, at the beach there a big display but again, you have to get there early- which means spending the entire day at the beach.

I am fortunate to live in a small town that has a nice fireworks display. It does get crowded but its not so bad that you cant get home in a half hour or less. We will cook out in the late afternoon and then relax until its time for the fireworks. I am going to make hamburgers and pork chops on the grill along with zucchini. I love the taste of fresh vegetables done on the grill.

The 4th of July holiday will be here in weeks! We are going to have a family get together and do fireworks. We will be having a fish fry as it stands right now with fresh fish from our area.

So, what are your plans for the 4th of July holiday?
We are having friends and family over for a pot luck barbeque. I know there will be chicken, brats, burgers and hot dogs plus many wonderful salads and sides. We'll do some fishing in the pond with the grandkids and watch the fireworks from the hilltop. Should be wonderful.

I just found out that there is a fireworks display at one of the state parks this Sat. I am thinking about bringing my son and some of his friends. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

anyone on the southeast coast, be careful! the tropical storm/tropical depression by Florida looks like it'll be a hurricane heading north soon. Definitely changes a lot of beach plans around here.

Back