Ways to Destress

Slowcookmama

Stress can become a recurring factor in our lives. It is very important to combat and reduce our stress levels. One way I try to distress is by picking up art as a hobby. I enjoy art. I have been in love with beauty and aesthetics since a young age. I like to grab a few markers and a sketchbook and just doodle when ever I have the time. I usually have a small size sketchbook that I take with me on the train. I do some sketching of the people standing along the ride. Since the weather is nice I find myself sitting in the park during lunch sketching away. I find it to very therapeutic. I recently purchased water colors I'm hoping to use them shortly.

One of my children is artistic and has autism. I truly believe it has brought much to his life in the area of distressing. He has sensory integration issues and gets overloaded very easily. I have allowed him to do as much art as he wants to do; we homeschool so he has plenty of time in the world.

I mediate to relieve stress and chant everyday to maintain focus and to achieve on my goals in life. It also an added stress reliever when you able to achieve your goals.

Does anyone know about healing stones or crystals? I was told that various stones or crystals help certain aliments.

I loved scented candles, especially those that use essential oils. Lavender is great for destressing. I also put on symphonic music, like soundtracks to movies that have music I like, not necessarily just classical music but works too. Adding a little sugar free flavored syrup to my coffee tastes good and feels like an indulgence and that can sometimes help me calm down too.

Stress can become a recurring factor in our lives. It is very important to combat and reduce our stress levels. One way I try to distress is by picking up art as a hobby. I enjoy art. I have been in love with beauty and aesthetics since a young age. I like to grab a few markers and a sketchbook and just doodle when ever I have the time. I usually have a small size sketchbook that I take with me on the train. I do some sketching of the people standing along the ride. Since the weather is nice I find myself sitting in the park during lunch sketching away. I find it to very therapeutic. I recently purchased water colors I'm hoping to use them shortly.
I drink soy milk and find that it takes the edge off when you are feeling stressed. Its also supposed to be good for calming the symptoms of menopause. The chocolate flavored tastes just like regular chocolate milk to me.

I love scented candles too. I am going out today for find some that have the scents of fall. For example, pumpkin, and apples.

Back