Tips for Sugar-free Cooking

Barbara G.

Staff member
Eliminating sugar from one’s diet has become one of the hottest dieting trends today. But it’s actually a great idea.

This is quite a good thing to start when you’re planning to reach specific fitness and health goals.

Here are some amazing and helpful tips for sugar-free cooking:

1. Know how sugar-free you want your diet to be. Are you going for a completely sugar-free diet? Or perhaps just sugar-free baking?

2. Clean your fridge, pantry, grocery cabinet etc. As much as possible, remove every sugary product to avoid temptations in the future.

3. Only drink water and unsweetened milk, tea or coffee. Avoid juices, sweetened liquids and carbonated drinks.

4. Start using healthy and sugar-free alternatives of your kitchen’s staple ingredients.

5. When buying products, make sure to check their labels. You’ll be surprised to know that a lot of them contain sugar like your favorite sauces, mixes, dressings and seasonings.

6. Find recipes which use natural sugars only. There are cooking sites which specifically feature sugar-free recipes and meal ideas.

7. As much as possible, cook your own food. Microwaveable and ready-to-eat meals actually have way more sugar than their home-made counterparts.

I was surprised to see how much sugar that tomato soup and spaghetti sauce has in it. Its actually more than a Krispy crème donut has. Its just not something we think about unless someone points it out.

"Five to six pitted dates can contain 32 grams of sugar.Dried pineapple is usually coated in refined sugar, while banana chips are typically deep fried and sweetened. Cranberries usually have sweeteners added, and dried watermelon contains plenty of sugar but not very many nutrients. Instead, aim for dried apples, apricots, mangoes, cherries, figs, papayas, blueberries, and raisins, FitDay reports.If you eat three Eggo cinnamon toast waffles, you’ll quickly consume 17 grams of sugar, and a Jimmy Dean scrambled eggs with sausage and cheese breakfast entree contains 16 grams of sugar. Furthermore, two Eggo French toast cinnamon sticks will serve you up 15 grams of sugar for breakfast."
wallstcheatsheet.com/life/7-surprising-foods-that-are-high-in-sugar.html/?a=viewall

Read more: http://wallstcheatsheet.com/life/7-surprising-foods-that-are-high-in-sugar.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3KbDA1Nzi

Read more: http://wallstcheatsheet.com/life/7-surprising-foods-that-are-high-in-sugar.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3KbCyc6IH

Read more:
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/life/7-surprising-foods-that-are-high-in-sugar.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3KbCfg2bt
I was surprised to see how much sugar that tomato soup and spaghetti sauce has in it. Its actually more than a Krispy crème donut has. Its just not something we think about unless someone points it out.

I've been on this stay away from sugar trend as well. I was so surprised to see how much sugar was in my juice. I still drink my favorite juice but I dilute them. Saves me money in the long run.

Back