Summer crockpot recipes

christine

Does anyone have great summer crockpot recipes. I really liked Barbara cola ribs. Are there any other summer favorites. I would like to try something new. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Are you wanting main meals for the crockpot? I will do some looking for you; it may be a couple of days before I add them. Thanks for letting me know if you are looking for something more specific. :rolleyes:

Thanks Barbara. I was looking for a crock pot recipe(s) that are more common for the summer months. I will also try to do some research and see what I can come up with.

Seafood Pesto Pasta

Ingredients:

3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
1 pound frozen bay scallops
3/4 pound frozen raw, peeled medium-size shrimp
2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
3 sprigs parsley
1 thick slice of onion
1 thick slice of lemon
1/2 pound angel hair pasta
7 tablespoons reduced-fat basil pesto (such as Buitoni)

Directions:
  1. Before turning on the slow cooker, coat it with a nonstick spray.
  2. Place the broccoli in the bottom of the bowl, then cover the broccoli with frozen scallops and shrimp.
  3. Pour the chicken broth and wine in the pot. Toss in the parsley, onion, and lemon. Cover and cook on low for four hours, or on high for two hours.
  4. Drain the slow cooker and discard the parsley, onion, and lemon.
  5. Cook angel hair pasta to al dente (for approximately seven minutes) and reserve a half-cup of pasta water.
  6. Put the pasta in a large bowl and add the seafood, broccoli, and pesto, tossing well to combine the ingredients. Add pasta water one tablespoon at a time if needed.
Source: MoneyCrashers

Teriyaki Chicken Wings

Ingredients:

3 to 4 pounds thawed chicken wings
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sherry
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon orange juice
2 cloves garlic, minced

Directions:

Place the wings in the slow cooker.
Combine remaining ingredients then pour over the wings.
Cook on high for one-and-a-half to two hours, or low for three to three-and-a-half hours.

Sloppy Chicken Joes

Ingredients:

3 pounds uncooked ground chicken (or turkey)
2 jars (14-ounce) pizza sauce
2 cups frozen (yellow, green, and red) peppers and onion stir-fry vegetables, thawed and chopped
1 can (14 1/2-ounce) diced tomatoes
8 hoagie rolls, split
8 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese

Directions:

Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the hot skillet and cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
Combine the chicken, pizza sauce, vegetables, and undrained tomatoes in a slow cooker.
Cook for six to eight hours on low, or three to four hours on high.
Toast the rolls, split side up, under the broiler for one to two minutes.
Spoon the chicken mixture into rolls and top with cheese.

This is wonderful! Thank you so much Barbara. I am really interested in the Teriyaki Chicken Wings. I just have to find hoisin sauce. Thanks again. Greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have great summer crockpot recipes. I really liked Barbara cola ribs. Are there any other summer favorites. I would like to try something new. Thanks in advance.

What do you think of this recipe using your own fresh tomatoes from your garden?

Melted Tomato BLT's

1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, halved (about 6 medium)

1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 8 slices thick-cut bacon
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1 baguette, cut into 4 pieces, each halved lengthwise, lightly toasted
  • 8 small butter lettuce leaves, torn
Preparation
1. Combine tomatoes, olive oil, salt and thyme in slow cooker and toss to coat. Cover and cook on low until tomatoes are shriveled and very soft, 4 to 6 hours.
Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Spread mayonnaise on bottom halves of baguette lengths. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and bacon. Place top halves of baguette on top and serve right away.
taken from myrecipescom/recipe/melted-tomato-blts-50400000135639/

Back