Spoonbill season is here! Do you enjoy fishing?

Barbara G.

Staff member
Spoonbill season is here for a short period of time. A friend of mine usually catches a few each year and provides us with a good amount of meat. He had surgery at the end of 2014, so this year we will miss out on getting to eat fresh spoonbill. :(

Do you enjoy fishing during the season? Have you eaten Spoonbill, or other fresh fish?

Spoonbill season is here for a short period of time. A friend of mine usually catches a few each year and provides us with a good amount of meat. He had surgery at the end of 2014, so this year we will miss out on getting to eat fresh spoonbill. :(

Do you enjoy fishing during the season? Have you eaten Spoonbill, or other fresh fish?
I love fishing and have been going since I was a kid. I live on the Illinois river which is a major river in my state but it is not safe to eat the fish that come out of there anymore. We don't have spoonbill here so I have never had any. My favorite fresh fish is a blue gill.

I also love fishing. My family and I use to go when my uncle came to visit during the summer. How I miss putting those worms on the hook. A few years ago, I took my son for the 1st time. He was ecstatic when he caught his first fish. Unfortunately, the fish was too small and he had to throw him back.

Back