Slow Cooker (Crock Pot) Pecan Pie Recipe

Barbara G.

Staff member
Ingredients

1/2 cup honey for a mildly sweet pie OR 3/4 cup honey for a moderately sweet pie
3 egg whites, whipped with a fork
2 cups diced pecans
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons cornstarch or white whole wheat flour

Make your pie crust and use half of it for this pie. You can also use a prepared, whole grain pie crust.
It's helpful if you have a pie tin to mold the dough in as well as for sizing it properly. If not, you can simply mold the rolled out dough (rolled to 1/4 inch thickness) into the slow cooker insert, pour in the batter and cut away the excess carefully with a knife.

Mix all batter ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.

Pour batter into unbaked pie crust and cook on low for 3 hours. Then remove lid (careful not to let any water on the lid drip on to the pie), and cook for one more hour.

To remove pie from slow cooker, carefully run a knife around the edge to gently separate it from the side of the pot. Nudge the pie a bit with the knife to get it lose enough to move around a tiny bit in the pot. Once you know it's come loose and the pot is cool enough to handle, place your hand on the pie and turn the pot upside down. It should slip nicely out of the pot into your hand. Set on a cool plate and allow to cool completely if you haven't already.

Slow-Cooker-Pecan-Pie1.jpg

Source: SkinnyMS

With the cooking process, the "pie" should be set up some. Then, when it cools some it will set up more. I have not personally made this one, but would love to try it sometime. I think I would loosen it some, then let it cool a little more before taking it out.

Let us know if you try it and tell us how it worked for you. I will make one eventually and will also add some more info when the time comes.

With the cooking process, the "pie" should be set up some. Then, when it cools some it will set up more. I have not personally made this one, but would love to try it sometime. I think I would loosen it some, then let it cool a little more before taking it out.

Let us know if you try it and tell us how it worked for you. I will make one eventually and will also add some more info when the time comes.
What about using a crockpot liner to help the pie slip out better? Do you think that would even work? I have never tried a liner and am not sure how good they really are.

What about using a crockpot liner to help the pie slip out better? Do you think that would even work? I have never tried a liner and am not sure how good they really are.

That sounds like an idea to try! I have not personally used the liners in my crockpot, yet. But I hear they are great to use in many cases.

Back