New to the Group But Not to CrockPot Cooking

TheresaL

Hello! My name is Theresa and I am a writer and homemaker. I have been crockpot cooking for a couple of decades now. Due to health concerns, I am trying to lead a low-carb lifestyle and I am always looking for affordable crockpot meals that fit that diet plan. I have plenty of non-low-carb recipes to share and I'm looking forward to learning from all of you.

Hello TheresaL,

Nice to meet you and have you here on CrockPotTalk! I will add low carb recipes to my list of to dos for adding new recipes to the site here, so keep your eyes out - thanks for joining us! ;)

Hello! My name is Theresa and I am a writer and homemaker. I have been crockpot cooking for a couple of decades now. Due to health concerns, I am trying to lead a low-carb lifestyle and I am always looking for affordable crockpot meals that fit that diet plan. I have plenty of non-low-carb recipes to share and I'm looking forward to learning from all of you.
Hello Theresa, I am also looking to reduce carbs in my diet. I am looking forward to trying some of your low carb crockpot recipes. It seems like everyone can benefit from reducing carbs as we all tend to overdue it when it comes to eating too many carbohydrates.

Thanks for the warm welcome. And thanks, Barbara G. for adding the low-carb recipes to your to-do list! LOL.
I'll try to post some when I find them, too.

charlye here: I also am in search of LO CARB cooking. My hubby and I are both diabetics and trying to control our sugar & carb intake. Lately I went to a Heart Seminar and was fortunate to receive 3 of Heart Healthy Cookbooks that also has you watching carbs; My hubby had a bypass in 2008. So I need to be more aggressive in helping him and that in turn will help me. ;) It was the 6th of Feb so I am still studying and hope to fine a few I can put in here. The next couple day I will have extra time to search them out. My Hubby has a stress test tomorrow (26) and Friday I have a Dr. apt that sometimes takes a while so maybe I can make some progress. But I do hope to start posting some on here.
I have also done some crock pot meals of deer meat that we got from a friend. We the fat count being low and it not having all the garbage that is put in some of our meat it's flavor so much different. We really but some of those recipes I have to write them down so I can put them on here. I think most would work with what ever meats you want to use. I make a very good BBQ with deer meat and I am sure it can be use with any meat. I use a version of it to make chili and Spegitti (sp?) I have trouble spelling (I didn't have phonics in school)
All home made so not junk in it for the most part. I never measure any so I will make it when things slow down here (in a few days). I will have mu hubby write it down as I go ;)
Nice meeting you. Charlye Ps I too have to keep mine affordable.

charlye here: I also am in search of LO CARB cooking. My hubby and I are both diabetics and trying to control our sugar & carb intake. Lately I went to a Heart Seminar and was fortunate to receive 3 of Heart Healthy Cookbooks that also has you watching carbs; My hubby had a bypass in 2008. So I need to be more aggressive in helping him and that in turn will help me. ;) It was the 6th of Feb so I am still studying and hope to fine a few I can put in here. The next couple day I will have extra time to search them out. My Hubby has a stress test tomorrow (26) and Friday I have a Dr. apt that sometimes takes a while so maybe I can make some progress. But I do hope to start posting some on here.
I have also done some crock pot meals of deer meat that we got from a friend. We the fat count being low and it not having all the garbage that is put in some of our meat it's flavor so much different. We really but some of those recipes I have to write them down so I can put them on here. I think most would work with what ever meats you want to use. I make a very good BBQ with deer meat and I am sure it can be use with any meat. I use a version of it to make chili and Spegitti (sp?) I have trouble spelling (I didn't have phonics in school)
All home made so not junk in it for the most part. I never measure any so I will make it when things slow down here (in a few days). I will have mu hubby write it down as I go ;)
Nice meeting you. Charlye Ps I too have to keep mine affordable.

Hi Charlye! I have posted a few low-carb meals in the recipe thread if you want to look for those. I am excited to have someone sharing low-carb stuff here! Fingers crossed all goes well with your appointments!

Back