NEW HERE

kat

Hey there all y'all,

Just a quick note to say hi!! I'm hoping to get some new and give some new recipes. I love to cook and the easier the better. I'm also hoping to make some new friends, people like me that love to cook, and I'm sure that some, if not most, of you will teach me to use my slow-cooker in new ways.

I, mainly, use my slow-cooker in the winter months (I have a great Jambalaya recipe) but think that I really do need to use it in the summer too.

My friends call me kat. I relocated to NC from CT about 9 years ago and am loving these Southern recipes. So HELLO to everyone out there in crockpot land.

kat

Amber and I are both from North Carolina as well. I live in the middle of nowhere between Durham and Danville and Amber is in the Raleigh area. Guess us North Carolinians love our crockpots! I mostly use mine in the winter as well, although I recently stewed a bunch of yellow squash in my largest crock pot and froze it for this winter. I will also use it to make apple butter if the squirrels don't eat all the apples before I pick them! Welcome to crockpottalk!

Amber and I are both from North Carolina as well. I live in the middle of nowhere between Durham and Danville and Amber is in the Raleigh area. Guess us North Carolinians love our crockpots! I mostly use mine in the winter as well, although I recently stewed a bunch of yellow squash in my largest crock pot and froze it for this winter. I will also use it to make apple butter if the squirrels don't eat all the apples before I pick them! Welcome to crockpottalk!

Hey Susan, thanks for the welcome. I live between Greensboro and Winston-Salem. Homemade apple butter sounds great, perhaps you'll be willing to share the recipe?? Looking forward to talking with you again. Oh yes, may I ask who Amber is?

kat

Hello kat! Welcome to the crockpot forums! We are glad to have you here! Please let us know if you need anything and looking forward to reading your recipe posts! :rolleyes:

Hey Susan, thanks for the welcome. I live between Greensboro and Winston-Salem. Homemade apple butter sounds great, perhaps you'll be willing to share the recipe?? Looking forward to talking with you again. Oh yes, may I ask who Amber is?

kat
Amber is a crockpottalk member.

Hi Barbara, thanks for the welcome. This place seems to be filled with very nice people!!! I don't have too many recipes yet. I'm currently trying to re-do some of my oven recipes over to crockpot. I'll let y'all know how they come out. :D

Hello kat! Welcome to the crockpot forums! We are glad to have you here! Please let us know if you need anything and looking forward to reading your recipe posts! :rolleyes:

Thanks Barbara, I hope I don't make any mistakes!!!!!!

Back