Make Online Shopping Work for you!

Slowcookmama

I love shopping online. I'm a frequent customer at Walmart.com. They have great bargains that I really can't find anywhere else. Sure I could go to Dollar Tree but most of the products offered for a dollar are generics. One thing I found out recently is how to get cash back. I wish I knew it sooner. I use swagbucks.com to gain cash back from my online purchases. In addition to cash back you can take short surveys, play games and watch vides to earn points towards gift cards. My last purchases from Wal-Mart added up to over 450 points towards a gift card.

How much was your gift card worth for the 450 points? I have heard of people earning points online to buy clothes and other items, but do not know enough about it yet.

I love shopping at Walmart.com. Sometimes, just for the convenience, I will purchase things online and pick them up in store when I go there. Earning points is a cool idea, never thought about it before. How long does it take to earn enough points to use?

I use Swagbaucks, too. For every 450 points you earn, I exchange it for a $5 Amazon gift card. There are other gift cards to choose from too. I save all my Amazon cards and then at the end of the year, I use them to buy Christmas presents. Amazon sells much more than books, music and DVDs. They even have a grocery section so the gift cards are a good option for me.

As for how long it takes, that depends on much you want to play around on the Swagbucks site. I installed their toolbar on my desktop -very easy to do and I use their search engine instead of Google. I get the same results as with Google but several times a day I am rewarded with points for the searching. So I get money for doing what I'd be doing anyway without expending any extra effort - other than installing the toolbar.

How much was your gift card worth for the 450 points? I have heard of people earning points online to buy clothes and other items, but do not know enough about it yet.

The minimum for a $5 gift card 500 points and for PayPal deposit is 2,500 points. That was from shopping at Walmart. So far I accumulated additional Swagbucks by signing up for Bing Rewards. You get points just for searching the internet. Once I accumulated 525 points I transferred them to my Swagbucks account. They give you a 100 points just for signing up.

Sounds like a cool idea. Especially being able to save up points/giftcards to use for gifts later in the year like at Christmas. Thanks for letting us know, I might try it out. I do a lot of searching online throughout the day, so it'd be nice to accumulate some points from it and see if it pays off in any rewards!

The minimum for a $5 gift card 500 points and for PayPal deposit is 2,500 points. That was from shopping at Walmart. So far I accumulated additional Swagbucks by signing up for Bing Rewards. You get points just for searching the internet. Once I accumulated 525 points I transferred them to my Swagbucks account. They give you a 100 points just for signing up.
I did not know you could transfer Bing points to Swagbucks! I may just do that. My husband does the Bing points. He uses his to buy music for his MP3 player.

I don't know anything about how these programs work but I will look it up. When you say searching with Bing gives you points, do you mean searching on any kind of website or do you mean searching sites that sell stuff?

I guess Im afraid I'll get into a mess doing this, got rewards a few only & did'nt know what & How. Thanks for this

Back