Investing vs savings account?

DomDom

What do you guys do with the extra cash you make ?

Is it better to invest it and try to get something from it with some risk or just simply a classic old savings account ?

I always put mine in my savings account. I'm too scared to try and invest it, I don't want the risk of losing it if the market goes down.

I know what you mean, but by reading some books lately I am thinking more and more about investing into the market. If you are patient you really can have more than double of what you can get from a savings account.

If anybody is interested in this topic you should read The Intelligent Investor by Graham. Its a long book but full of great information about investing!

I'm on the same fiscal journey, Dom. I've been reconsidering where my money sleeps at night. I'm not a fan of banks and credit unions can only do so much. I was considering paying for some financial guidance from a place like Schwab but then that just reminds me that I'm losing money to make money. Crazy.

If you have the time read up on some books or just invest in an Index fund. Index funds are really the safest investments!

Well, I cannot say safety is my biggest concern. Returns are my biggest concern. I've been reading up on this for about six months now but I feel like there is way more to know. It seems everyone has an opinion on everything and some counter others. I'm not giving up though.

I have a little bit of money invested in some stocks. I get the dividends at the end of each year around tax time. It's a nice chunk of change but I feel like I'm not doing enough to kick it up a notch.

I did some investing in stocks. I didn't to too bad but I didn't continue to pursue it. Nowadays, I tried put a portion of what I earn into a savings account and not touch it.

What do you guys do with the extra cash you make ?

Is it better to invest it and try to get something from it with some risk or just simply a classic old savings account ?

Extra cash? Where do you find that? lol! We have a savings but it never seems to get very far. There's always some unexpected expense. We also have an IRA and a 401k plan for retirement. Plus we sunk some money into a couple of rental properties so we would have an income when we retire and could then leave 1 to each of our kids. I wish we could do more but that's all we can manage.

I recently invested a little money into a company that I am an affiliate of. It is a major media platform that is just in the beginning stages. It will show free movies and TV shows and the investors will make a commission from the ad revenue that plays during the shows. I bought a zipcode that contains 43,000 people and each time someone watches a movie or TV show I get 4% of the ad revenue. In time as this grows in popularity I am hoping it pays off well as expected.

Wow, Geri, that sounds interesting and different. I hope you do well. We are working to pay off the loans on the rental property so that income will free and clear.

Wow, Geri, that sounds interesting and different. I hope you do well. We are working to pay off the loans on the rental property so that income will free and clear.
Hi Theresa, I see that you are in southern Illinois and that's where I am at too. I was wondering what area you are from? I am in Benton.

I do a little of both. I've putting money aside (investing) for my son's tuition. In NY it's called a 529 plan. I have to double check to make sure that is the proper name though. Every month since he was a baby, money is automatically taken out of my acct.

Hi Theresa, I see that you are in southern Illinois and that's where I am at too. I was wondering what area you are from? I am in Benton.
Hi Geri,

Wow! We're neighbors! I'm in Creal Springs, just south of Marion! What a small world!

We have evaluated our situation and hopefully we will have all the real estate paid off in 5 to 7 years. That will be such a relief.

That sounds like a great investment Geri. I wonder anyone can still available to invest. Can I still be an affiliate or do I have to live in the area?

The
Hi Geri,

Wow! We're neighbors! I'm in Creal Springs, just south of Marion! What a small world![/QUOTE
Theresa, Yes it is a small world sometime. I go to Marion a lot to shop and its a nice area there. Do you ever come to Benton?
That sounds like a great investment Geri. I wonder anyone can still available to invest. Can I still be an affiliate or do I have to live in the area?
Theresa, You can be an affiliate no matter where you live at. If you want to send me a private message I can tell you a lot more about it and get you registered. Its all free to be an affiliate and will never cost you anything. Call me if you like 618-435=0158

Back