In Laws Coming For Short Visit

CrockPotTalkAdmin

I'm not as concerned about impressing the mom and dad in-laws as I am sisters and brothers. They'll be visiting in November so I expect it to be cold and I've been bragging about my crock pot skills for months. Time to put up or shut up!

We'll most likely be watching a game on Sunday in the basement/man cave. So I'm looking for something I can cook with a tailgate feel but given the obvious advantage of doing it in my home so I can take my time and make something good.

Thoughts?

I am not familiar with what kind of food you are exactly allowed to eat, but just off the top of my head, I'd say that if you really have the time to experiment on dishes, then you can try beef or pork. Cooking them in crock pots take about 5 to 6 hours, depending on which dish you choose. Chicken dishes cooked on crock pots take a lot less time but will most definitely take at least an hour or more. Whatever dish you choose will surely come out good because crock pots tend to enhance the flavors of whatever you cook in it.

Last edited:
I came across with this recipe when organizing my cookbook and perhaps this could make the trick cooking on such special date,
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE

Ingredients:
8 to 10 small, thick porkchops
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp sage
1 can (12 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 Tbsp dried onion flakes

Instructions:
Trim the excess fat from the chops and use it to grease a large skillet.
Over high heat, brown each chop lightly on both sides. Salt and pepper
each as it finishes and place it in the crockpot. Add the sage. Turn
the soup (undiluted) and the onion flakes into the still hot skillet.
Scrape the pan juices and turn them into the cooker. Cover and cook on
Low for 8 to 10 hours.

Makes 6 to 8 servings.

I have not tried it myself yet, but it sounds easy and tasty :p

I have cooked pork chops in the crock pot before, and they turned out great. I am not sure if that is tailgating food. I have never been to a tailgate party.

What about something with sausage and rice? Something that you could make as a sturdy dip with nacho chips or either put inside a burrito.

meatballs? Those little hot dogs? Maybe a pulled pork to make pulled pork sandwiches?
Good luck!

What about something with sausage and rice?

Now you're talkin! I'm looking into some sausage related stuff I can cook. Never even tried that before. Should be interesting!
meatballs? Those little hot dogs? Maybe a pulled pork to make pulled pork sandwiches?
Good luck!
Pulled pork may make it on the menu as another option. Thanks you all so much for your suggestions and please keep em coming!

Not a problem. Let us know if you find a new good recipe. I am always looking for new ones.

Back