I only got interested in slow cooking a month ago

RoseThurst

I got interested in slow cooking a month ago when I was in reddit. I was in budget food section, and someone mentioned slow cooking.

I don't have the money to buy a crockpot yet, but there is a target not that far from me, and I heard you can get one for $20. I'm hoping that my grandma will get my a gift certificate there for my birthday, and I'll have my own crockpot.

The first thing I would make? Stew. Strew, glorious stew. Ten hours of meat marinating in it's own juicies. Oh gosh, even talking about it makes my mouth water.

Anyways, hi. I'm strew girl- but you can call me rose. Nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you. I too am looking to make more meals in the slow cooker. It's interesting because I've had one ever since someone gave it to me as a wedding present, and that was almost 7 years ago. Growing up, my mom never had a crock pot, so I'm just now learning how to use one. One of the first things I would make would be some kind of soup. I've been in the mood for soup lately with all the cold weather we've been getting. I can't wait to get started.

Welcome to the forum. Is the crock pot solely for you or are you intending to use it to serve others as well? I believe the smallest is at a 20 ounce capacity meant for single servings. Really dirt cheap.

I'm not a huge fan of single serving slow cookers because I think if you're going to go through the trouble of creating a slow cooked meal you might as well make enough to freeze in individual portions for later when you want sweet sweet stew.

Welcome to the crockpot forums! Nice to meet you and look forward to hearing more about how your crockpot cooking is coming along!

Back