I am looking for dessert recipes

I remember my mother used to steam puddings and custards with her crockpot. I'll try to look up some of her old recipes. The crockpot is incredibly versatile and yes, it is not impossible to make desserts with them.

OK, here a recipe for slow cooker chocolate lava cake. It's delicious and has a melt-in-your-mouth texture.

Crockpot Cake Recipe

1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® triple chocolate fudge cake mix
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs

Topping

1 box (4-serving size) instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
2 cups milk
Some chocolate chips

Slow Cooker Directions

Spray your slow cooker with some cooking spray or apply some butter on the insides of your slow cooker. In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer as directed on cake mix box. Pour into slow cooker.

In medium bowl, beat pudding mix and 2 cups milk with whisk as directed on box. Pour into slow cooker over cake batter. Do not mix. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top.

Cover; cook on Low heat setting 2 hours 30 minutes to 3 hours or until cake is set and pudding is beginning to bubble out of cake.

I really love this one!

You know I have read about making desserts in the crock pot as well but I am still a little leery of it. I would love to make an apple pie or a pound cake in the crock pot. I just have no idea of how it would turn out with the dessert being made in a crock pot. Does anyone else share my concerns?

Thank you for the dessert recipe. I am going to try that. It sounds easy! Actually, it sounds super easy. When I make it, I will let everyone know. I will be the brave one. Ha! I will sacrifice for the chocolate. Ha!

Wow Brian thank you so much for posting the recipe here. After reading this, I may want to get brave too and try a dessert or two. I am mostly looking to make cakes and fruit pies in my crock pot. Around the holidays those are desserts that I really go for.

Wow Brian thank you so much for posting the recipe here. After reading this, I may want to get brave too and try a dessert or two. I am mostly looking to make cakes and fruit pies in my crock pot. Around the holidays those are desserts that I really go for.

I've never even thought of making a pie in my crock pot. Now that I think about it a crock pot might be the perfect vessel for making a rhubarb and strawberry pie filling. I think I'll give it a shot this weekend and if it turns out well I know what I'm bringing to Thanksgiving next week!

I am getting bored with the typical Thanksgiving desserts that we usually have and I hope to find a new one to spark my interest. I would like to do something in the crock pot but I would really like to make a cake in the crock pot actually. A good butter pound cake would be great to me. What do you guys think?

I am getting bored with the typical Thanksgiving desserts that we usually have and I hope to find a new one to spark my interest. I would like to do something in the crock pot but I would really like to make a cake in the crock pot actually. A good butter pound cake would be great to me. What do you guys think?
I think that sounds delicious! If you get around to making it and it comes out well please share your recipe!

Back