Thanks for checking out CrockPotTalk - Crockpot & Slow Cooker Forum!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited browsing options. If you take a few seconds and Sign up you'll be able to enjoy all the great benefits of membership like
  • Ability to interact with other CrockPotTalk - Crockpot & Slow Cooker Forum members
  • Create new discussions
  • Reply to existing discussions
  • Modify your profile to have a custom avatar, signature and more!
  • To many membership perks to list! Join today for free!

I am looking for dessert recipes

Discussion in 'Crock Pot / Slow Cooker Recipes' started by Rebecca Townes, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Rebecca Townes

Rebecca Townes New Member Member

I have seen desserts made in Crockpots. Do you have anymore? Do they turn out as well as oven baking?

2. Avatar

Sponsor Site Advertisement

3. BrianWolfe

BrianWolfe New Member Member

I remember my mother used to steam puddings and custards with her crockpot. I'll try to look up some of her old recipes. The crockpot is incredibly versatile and yes, it is not impossible to make desserts with them.

4. BrianWolfe

BrianWolfe New Member Member

OK, here a recipe for slow cooker chocolate lava cake. It's delicious and has a melt-in-your-mouth texture.

Crockpot Cake Recipe

1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® triple chocolate fudge cake mix
    1 1/4 cups milk
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    3 eggs

Topping

1 box (4-serving size) instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
    2 cups milk
    Some chocolate chips

Slow Cooker Directions

Spray your slow cooker with some cooking spray or apply some butter on the insides of your slow cooker. In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer as directed on cake mix box. Pour into slow cooker.

In medium bowl, beat pudding mix and 2 cups milk with whisk as directed on box. Pour into slow cooker over cake batter. Do not mix. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top.

Cover; cook on Low heat setting 2 hours 30 minutes to 3 hours or until cake is set and pudding is beginning to bubble out of cake.

I really love this one!

5. kmommy37

kmommy37 New Member Member

You know I have read about making desserts in the crock pot as well but I am still a little leery of it. I would love to make an apple pie or a pound cake in the crock pot. I just have no idea of how it would turn out with the dessert being made in a crock pot. Does anyone else share my concerns?

6. MindyT

MindyT Member Member

Thank you for the dessert recipe. I am going to try that. It sounds easy! Actually, it sounds super easy. When I make it, I will let everyone know. I will be the brave one. Ha! I will sacrifice for the chocolate. Ha!

7. Avatar

Sponsor Site Advertisement

8. kmommy37

Wow Brian thank you so much for posting the recipe here. After reading this, I may want to get brave too and try a dessert or two. I am mostly looking to make cakes and fruit pies in my crock pot. Around the holidays those are desserts that I really go for.

9. Numbers9000

Numbers9000 New Member Member

I've never even thought of making a pie in my crock pot. Now that I think about it a crock pot might be the perfect vessel for making a rhubarb and strawberry pie filling. I think I'll give it a shot this weekend and if it turns out well I know what I'm bringing to Thanksgiving next week!

10. kmommy37

I am getting bored with the typical Thanksgiving desserts that we usually have and I hope to find a new one to spark my interest. I would like to do something in the crock pot but I would really like to make a cake in the crock pot actually. A good butter pound cake would be great to me. What do you guys think?

11. Alrikidokie

Alrikidokie Member Member

I think that sounds delicious! If you get around to making it and it comes out well please share your recipe!