How to Plant Vegetable Container Gardens

Barbara G.

Staff member
This is a great video on doing some veggies in container gardens. She talks about a salad bowl garden which is a great idea. I love container gardening and have done it over the years off and on!

Container gardens are great for small yards, or ones that have a lot of shade throughout the day. I like to put my container gardens on carts. This allows me to be able to easily move my plants into the sun, or shade. This is also great for beginning gardeners who are not sure which plants will like different areas of their yard.

Thank you for sharing this! We have acreage, but I lack equipment to do major gardening. This is awesome!

Container gardens are great for small yards, or ones that have a lot of shade throughout the day. I like to put my container gardens on carts. This allows me to be able to easily move my plants into the sun, or shade. This is also great for beginning gardeners who are not sure which plants will like different areas of their yard.

Great idea to put the garden on a cart!! I live in an apartment with very little space outdoors, so I've made a container garden. But putting it on a cart and being able to easily move it (because of sun/shade/rain) is a great idea I hadn't thought of.

Back