How to Make Overnight Oatmeal in the Crock Pot

Alrikidokie

Does anyone know how to make oatmeal in the crock pot so that you can leave it on overnight? My boyfriend and I always get up five minutes before we have to leave and often times don't get to eat breakfast. It would nice to have something that's ready to go.

Sure, it's pretty simple actually, just make sure you have equal parts dry oats, milk, and water. My favorite kind of oatmeal is apples and cinnamon. Chop up some apples, put them at the bottom of your Crock pot, sprinkle them with cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar, then sprinkle your dry oats over the whole mess and pour in your milk + water. Set the Crock pot on low overnight and you'll wake up to delicious oatmeal!

wow, i never thought of using a crock pot to make oatmeal. this is great information. I wonder if it would work for cream of wheat. It is a favorite in my home.
Question. Adding milk the night before, wont make it go bad?

Cream of wheat! I haven't had that in years; I keep telling my boyfriend we need to have some soon. I don't know if it would cook as well as the oatmeal though :/

wow, i never thought of using a crock pot to make oatmeal. this is great information. I wonder if it would work for cream of wheat. It is a favorite in my home.
Question. Adding milk the night before, wont make it go bad?

The milk is actually cooking the whole night so no, it won't have time to spoil! Hope you give it a try, it's delicious.

The milk is actually cooking the whole night so no, it won't have time to spoil! Hope you give it a try, it's delicious.

I a going to try it. Thank you for answering my question. Does it work for cream of wheat as well? I am looking forward to tomorrow.

I a going to try it. Thank you for answering my question. Does it work for cream of wheat as well? I am looking forward to tomorrow.

No problem. Honestly I've never had cream of wheat before. I pretty much just stick with regular oatmeal. I'll have to give a try sometime, is it good?

No problem. Honestly I've never had cream of wheat before. I pretty much just stick with regular oatmeal. I'll have to give a try sometime, is it good?

It's delicious! It's hard to explain what it tastes like but I tell you what if you go buy some and you won't regret it. Throw a little butter and sugar into it and you have a lovely oatmeal alternative. I need to remember to put it on my shopping list!

i have never thought to try oatmeal from a crock pot! I suppose it would be great with the oldschool irish oats that take forever to cook! One thing i would add is a little salted butter and brown sugar. The butter gives it that "comfort food" sort of flare!

Back