How much do you workout?

DomDom

How much do you do it? I used to hit the gym 5 times a week and was in the best condition of my life. Unfortunately this is not very doable in the long run. The gym unfortuantely gets very boring! Now I do 2 sessions of tennis per week in the winter and 3-5 in the summer! Its very easy for me to do 7+ hours of tennis each week because I love it and I think this is the solution to the obesity problem in the world! Do the sports you like!

So how much do you guys exercise ?

I will add that I think anything under 2 hours of good working out per week is too little! If you cant workout for long or arent fit enough I suggest just walking alot. It will make you much healthier, speed up your metabolism, make your insulin and gluce levels lower (increase apsorption of gluceose into the muscles!). I was also told by a doctor that older people should atleast stretch their joints EACH morning to prevent injury!

I work out every morning. When I get up I run on my treadmill for a half hour. I usually burn about 100 calories that way. Then I do as many situps and pushups as I can. It's a great way to start out my day and it helps me not overeat because if I do then all my exercising will be wasted. It's kind of addicting actually but it's one of those few good addictions.

I was thinking about getting a treadmill too. Time goes by on a treadmill when you watch TV shows or movies and you can make a daily routine out of it. Watching TV and running :)

I currently am doing the Insanity workout. It is kind of insane and I do it everyday. It's good though!

I used to do insanity! Its great and fun at the start, really motivating too. After about a month it got pretty boring. Results are fantastic I must admit.

This is an area that I need to be more active in. Being a single parent of three children has kept me extremely busy and I rarely have time to work out. When I was younger, I worked out more faithfully.

Before having kids I used to work out a lot more and would religiously keep up with it, but now that I have three kids, I just do not get much time. My kids are ages 3, 1 1/2, and 6 months so I am constantly busy around here. I want to start walking at night at least around the neighborhood to get active again; however, I need to find the time to do it.

I am a dancer, so exercise is a part of my daily routine. Everyday, I do different stretching exercises before breakfast. I own a device called a fit desk. I love this thing! It is a stand-still bike that has a desk on it. I can pedal away and also work. After lunch, I will do sit-ups, crunches, and leg lifts. When it is nice outside, I like to get out for a long walk, or run.

I used to work out a lot-P90x, biking, swimming. I especially liked swimming- I swim all year round. Unfortunately, this past winter I had a slip and fall accident. I stopped exercising and now gained 30 pounds. :( When I swim now even after 30 minutes, I am in excruciating neck and back pain. I think I will get on the bike and see how I feel. Plus, I can walk on the beach (hopefully without pain) since the weather is getting warmer.

I am a dancer, so exercise is a part of my daily routine. Everyday, I do different stretching exercises before breakfast. I own a device called a fit desk. I love this thing! It is a stand-still bike that has a desk on it. I can pedal away and also work. After lunch, I will do sit-ups, crunches, and leg lifts. When it is nice outside, I like to get out for a long walk, or run.
The fit desk sound like something I am looking for. Where did you get it and how much was it? I have never heard of it before, what a great idea.

You can find them on fitdesk.net or get them used on Amazon or eBay. It depends, my roommate got it for a steal ($75). You can also get pedals that fit under your existing desk.

Do you have the fit desk at work or home? I've heard about some people getting stand-up desks and alternative (healthier) style desks at work. I would love that, but I'm not sure it would be allowed at my work.

I just found out through my doctor that I am pre-diabetic. So now, exercise is mandatory. The fit desk gives me an idea. since the weather is nice I guess I can go bike riding.

Back