How is your heart health? Are you choosing heart healthy foods?

Barbara G.

Staff member
There are so many things we can do to protect our hearts. Some people don't really think from day to day about heart health. I have two children with heart defects, so this is something on our minds from day to day. I have a friend who called me the other day about a 14 year old who passed away with heart issues suddenly.

I challenge you to think about your heart health today and what you can do to stay heart healthy.

Here is some good information to help those who want to learn more (click to read more info):

How to Keep a Healthy Heart - Choosing Heart Healthy Foods

Wow, dead at 14? That is very sad. Thanks for the article. I started eating avocados with my breakfast. I also take CoQ10 and flax seed oil and fish oil for heart health. I don't agree with having a job to help your heart though. I guess it depends on the job. Some jobs can be very bad for your health. :confused:

another reason to enjoy dark chocolate, yum!

I saw recently on Good Morning America a segment about exercises that are good for your heart, and the only one I can remember right now is jump roping, because I've started trying to incorporate that into my workouts.

Thanks for the reminder about jumping rope. Right now, even though I know how to swim (freestlyle and backstroke), I'm taking swimming lessons, (that should get my heart pumping) to learn how to do the breaststroke.

Back