Home Remedies for Boosting Memory

Slowcookmama

Almonds

Almonds are an excellent Ayurvedic remedy to help improve memory and brainpower. They are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids that boost memory. Due to their rich antioxidant content, almonds are good for your eyes, too.
  1. Soak 5 to 10 almonds in water overnight.
  2. The next morning, peel the skin and grind the almonds.
  3. Boil this paste with one glass of milk.
  4. Add some sugar or honey for taste.
  5. Drink it daily for 30 or 40 days.
Rosemary

Rosemary is another popular herb for improving weak memory. Even sniffing its aroma can help. In a 2013 study conducted at the University of Northumbria in England, researchers found that the aroma of rosemary can help improve prospective memory, which is critical for everyday functioning.
Prospective memory refers to the ability to remember to do something in the future (for example, remembering to get gas before a trip, return someone’s phone call, etc.)
  • Steep one teaspoon of dried rosemary in a cup of boiling water for about five minutes. If you have fresh rosemary, steep a sprig in a teapot containing hot water for three to five minutes. Strain and add honey for taste, if desired. Drink it daily for a few weeks.
  • You can also breathe in the aroma of rosemary oil or add a few drops of the oil to a room diffuser.
Fish Oil

Fish oil supplements have been found to help improve memory and reduce cognitive decline, thanks to the high levels of omega-3 fatty acids. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) found in fish oil may also help prevent the formation of brain plaques linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
  • Take fish oil supplements, containing at least 600 mg DHA, daily. For proper dosage and suitability, consult your doctor.
  • You can also include fatty fish like salmon, herring, mackerel and sardines in your diet.

Almonds

Almonds are an excellent Ayurvedic remedy to help improve memory and brainpower. They are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids that boost memory. Due to their rich antioxidant content, almonds are good for your eyes, too.
  1. Soak 5 to 10 almonds in water overnight.
  2. The next morning, peel the skin and grind the almonds.
  3. Boil this paste with one glass of milk.
  4. Add some sugar or honey for taste.
  5. Drink it daily for 30 or 40 days.
Rosemary

Rosemary is another popular herb for improving weak memory. Even sniffing its aroma can help. In a 2013 study conducted at the University of Northumbria in England, researchers found that the aroma of rosemary can help improve prospective memory, which is critical for everyday functioning.
Prospective memory refers to the ability to remember to do something in the future (for example, remembering to get gas before a trip, return someone’s phone call, etc.)
  • Steep one teaspoon of dried rosemary in a cup of boiling water for about five minutes. If you have fresh rosemary, steep a sprig in a teapot containing hot water for three to five minutes. Strain and add honey for taste, if desired. Drink it daily for a few weeks.
  • You can also breathe in the aroma of rosemary oil or add a few drops of the oil to a room diffuser.
Fish Oil

Fish oil supplements have been found to help improve memory and reduce cognitive decline, thanks to the high levels of omega-3 fatty acids. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) found in fish oil may also help prevent the formation of brain plaques linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
  • Take fish oil supplements, containing at least 600 mg DHA, daily. For proper dosage and suitability, consult your doctor.
  • You can also include fatty fish like salmon, herring, mackerel and sardines in your diet.
Thanks for the tips. Even though I know fish oil is good for us I just cant stand the after taste of it. I am wondering if there is any kind that does not produce such an after taste. Eating fresh fish does not do the same thing to me as I love most kinds of fish.

I take a cod liver oil capsule every day because it helps with joint pain. I also eat almonds almost everyday because it's a good snack that's allowed on my low carb diet. Hopefully the combination will help keep me sharp as a tack for years to come! lol

Thanks for the tips. Even though I know fish oil is good for us I just cant stand the after taste of it. I am wondering if there is any kind that does not produce such an after taste. Eating fresh fish does not do the same thing to me as I love most kinds of fish.
I use the Swanson Vitamin ones. They have vitamin D also and there is no after taste. You can find them on their website http://www.swansonvitamins.com/q?kw=fish+oil .

Thanks for the information. I looked at the Swanson website and see that the vitamins are reasonably priced. Appreciate it.

Back