Home Remedies for a Toothache

Slowcookmama

I know that medicinal medicine should not be ignored. A few days a go I had a toothache. Normally when a person has a toothache they immediately run for the aspirin. Chronic use of products such as ibuprofen and aspirin can over time do damage to your liver. I decided to look up home remedies to cure a tooth ache. One that stood out was the use of cloves and ginger . I took these two ingredients and made them it in to a tea. I have to say it worked well. Periodically I would take a whole clove and place it in my mouth and have the saliva break it down.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/121752-toothache-remedies-using-whole-cloves/

I know that medicinal medicine should not be ignored. A few days a go I had a toothache. Normally when a person has a toothache they immediately run for the aspirin. Chronic use of products such as ibuprofen and aspirin can over time do damage to your liver. I decided to look up home remedies to cure a tooth ache. One that stood out was the use of cloves and ginger . I took these two ingredients and made them it in to a tea. I have to say it worked well. Periodically I would take a whole clove and place it in my mouth and have the saliva break it down.

I remember using oil of cloves for a toothache. It used to be available at drug stores and came in a real small bottle but I have not seen it for many years. It used to work better than the toothache pain relievers that are on the market today. I like your idea of making tea from cloves and ginger. I am going to try it next time I have a toothache which I hope will be a long time from now.

Hey SlowCookMama - Would you mind explaining just how you made it into a tea? I've read of people taking all sorts of things and making them into teas but I don't know how they do it. Do you just heat water and then drop in a teaspoon of the ginger and a clove? Or do you make regular tea and add the spices? Sorry if I seem dense on this subject. I've always wanted to try tea remedies but I don't know how.

Yes, please share the recipe!

For loose fillings or crowns, I've used DenTemp till I could get to a dentist. It's worked really well for me. Not exactly a natural remedy, but is really inexpensive, and "plugs" everything so pain is eliminated. I did this with a cracked tooth once- it cracked a week before I started a new job and I had to work for three months before I could get dental insurance. Once a week I reapplied my DenTemp, and it was fine. A jar (they are tiny) lasted a month, and it was less than $5 a jar.

Yes, please share the recipe!

For loose fillings or crowns, I've used DenTemp till I could get to a dentist. It's worked really well for me. Not exactly a natural remedy, but is really inexpensive, and "plugs" everything so pain is eliminated. I did this with a cracked tooth once- it cracked a week before I started a new job and I had to work for three months before I could get dental insurance. Once a week I reapplied my DenTemp, and it was fine. A jar (they are tiny) lasted a month, and it was less than $5 a jar.
Isn't it always the case where a tooth will go bad right before some important event is about to happen. The same thing has happened to me a few times also. Thanks for sharing the information on the DenTemp as I have always wondered if that stuff would work or not. I will definitely try it the next time its needed which I hope will be never again.

Thanks Sarah, I will have to look for it the next time that I'm in Walmart. Although I don't need it right now, it's a good thing to have on hand.

Back