Holidays Are Not The Same

christine

I used to cherish each holiday. It seems like back when I was growing up, there were gaps between each holiday. For example you did not see xmas decorations or commericals until around Thanksgiving time. However, now one week after New Years, Valentines day was put on display. I really don't enjoy the holidays like I use to. How about you, what do you think.

I agree with you Christine. It used to be more fun when I was younger also. I see where Dollar Tree has had Easter stuff in for the past couple of weeks already. Holidays seem to be all jumbled together any more. They are way too commercialized now to ever be like they were in the past.

I agree Geri K. They even moved the Super bowl to help with their profit margins. However, the one good this is that you don't have to wait for a sale. Or is it really a sale. Do you think that they hike up the price and then sell the item and the sale price which was the regular price?

I agree Geri K. They even moved the Super bowl to help with their profit margins. However, the one good this is that you don't have to wait for a sale. Or is it really a sale. Do you think that they hike up the price and then sell the item and the sale price which was the regular price?
Yes, I believe stores do this all the time. It has to look like we are getting a bargain to entice people to buy stuff. Take a look at how cheap the Christmas ornaments are being sold this time of year compared to during the holidays.

Yep, Christmas ornaments are very cheap this time of year. The trick is to buy them after the holidays and hold on to them for the rest of the year.

Back