Hello from East Texas!!!!

kmommy37

Hi to all of the Crock pot lovers out there like me. I am a work at home wife and mom that absolutely loves the existence of the Crock pot. My mother used a crock pot for many years when I was a child but I did not start loving the crock pot until I received one as a gift. It was my aunt who gave me a crock pot that I still use to this day as a wedding gift. In fact as we speak I am cooking pinto beans and ham right now in my crock pot right now. Being a Texas girl trust me we can come up with some pretty filling meals thanks to the crock pot. I never thought I would ever be so obsessed with a cooking appliance in my life.

Thank you so much for the welcome and I enjoy cooking pinto beans when it gets cold outside. I really like trying to find meals that will stick to the ribs when it gets really cold outside. I make great chili in the crock pot too. I want to eventually make a stew and some casseroles in my crock pot because of the leftovers we will have throughout the week. So hopefully I can find some really good recipes on this forum.

Welcome to the forum. I just made beans in the crockpot. We had beans and rice. That is a great meal to serve on the cold days. Nice to meet you!

Thank you so much for the welcome and I enjoy cooking pinto beans when it gets cold outside. I really like trying to find meals that will stick to the ribs when it gets really cold outside. I make great chili in the crock pot too. I want to eventually make a stew and some casseroles in my crock pot because of the leftovers we will have throughout the week. So hopefully I can find some really good recipes on this forum.

oh I love a stew on a very cold day. I'd say you will find plenty of good stew and casserole recipes in this forum. I am not a fan of chili so you wouldn't see any chilli recipes from me.

Well Christin, these days the ironic thing is that now I cannot even enjoy chili thanks to my acid reflux. Until I received my crock pot, I had never made chili before and then I found this great recipe online that I tweaked a little. My hubby has enjoyed my homemade crock pot chili ever since and I only make it for him.

Hello,

Welcome to the crockpot forums! I am fairly new here and excited to be here - there is so much we can do with the crockpot. The possibilities are limitless nearly. Nice to meet you!

Back