Greeting from the Rocky Mountains

Timber4est

Hi all, new here and wanted to introduce myself real quick.

Having multiple jobs and many pets my cooking time is limited. Add to this the fact that I am diabetic, I am always looking for new and delicious ways to cook for either the dogs or for my family with the crockpot. My first job starts at 6am so having a recipe that I can easily prepare and start as I leave the house by 5:30 and cook through till about 6pm are important.

Because I am diabetic with sensitivities to sugar substitutes, you will find many recipes filled with fresh ingredients that I can chop and mince in 30 minutes or less. When I first became diabetic and was forced to read labels, I never realized how many convenience items contained sugar or high fructose corn sugar, it boggled my mind.

You may also find many of my dishes a bit "old world" because I was born and raised on a cattle farm. Since the time my ancestors stepped off their war ships on the sea through current, we have been farmers, mostly cattle and crops to feed them, but the family food garden has always been there.

I look forward to learning new recipes to expand my ever growing recipes that make life, family, work, chores a bit easier to keep a hearty meal on the table at the end of the night.

Hello and welcome to the crock pot community! I would love to hear more about how you adjust your recipes for healthy diabetic meals!

Back