german apple kuchen recipe

charlye

I am going to try again.
I am looking for this recipe for the crockpot.. I have seen it a couple time but I can't seem to access the site, probably my dumb computer. No not me , the computer! ;)

I did find a general recipe, but it was not a crockpot recipe.

6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
1 cup sugar, divided
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter

Sauce:

1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups cold water
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

• Arrange apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside 1 tablespoon. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar over apples.
  • In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and remaining sugar; beat in the milk and butter until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls over apples; sprinkle with reserved cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack.
  • Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; add butter and vanilla. Serve with warm kuchen. Yield: 10-12 servings.

I would have to do some experimenting when it comes to using the crockpot or slow cooker on this one. Hope this helps you!

Source: Taste of Home

Back