End of Gardening Season

Geri K

Its so sad to see the end of the gardening season is here in the north. What will you miss the most from your garden? I will miss the tomatoes and sweet corn the most though luckily I have lots of corn frozen and some tomatoes canned for winter.

I will miss the tomatoes as well. I have plenty of squash and green peppers in the freezer. I also have about 8 jars of homemade pickles which will hopefully get us through until the next season.

Since it was such a cool summer here in the north, I will miss a full harvest. However, my peppermint and sage plants are doing well (especially the peppermint). I just brought both plants indoors. I hope I don't have a bug problem from bringing outdoor plants indoors. I really want both plants to thrive throughout the fall and winter.

Christine, your peppermint and sage will probably do good in the house since they are herbs. Parsley does well indoors in a sunny window and it is cheery to see it in the dead of winter. Post a picture of your plants in the winter so we can see how well they are doing. :)

Thanks Geri, I will try to post a pic. if my cat doesn't destroy my peppermint plant before hand. The sage plant seems to be hanging on because it's hanging up high.

Thanks Geri, I will try to post a pic. if my cat doesn't destroy my peppermint plant before hand. The sage plant seems to be hanging on because it's hanging up high.
Christine, have you ever grown catnip indoors? When I had cats they loved it very much and its cheaper than buying it. If you plant some :rolleyes:maybe then your cat will leave the peppermint alone.

I will miss the tomatoes and cucumbers. Store bought just isn't the same.
That is very true that store bought veggies are not the same at all as the ones we grow our self. The tomatoes are really bad and I prefer to use canned tomatoes from the store in the winter rather than buy those in the produce section.

Back