Does the Arrangement of Food in the Fridge Influence your Choices?

Geri K

Doctor Oz had a guest on that says the way you arrange your refrigerator has an influence on what you will eat. He said to put fruits and vegetables on the middle shelf in see through containers and your family will grab those first before other goodies that they cant see as well. Does anyone think this really works or will you still dig around the fridge for that Hershey bar?

I think it could to some degree. If you like what you see in the front of the fridge, it may be the first thing you grab instead of the fruit or other healthy food which may be behind it. I think there is some psychological influence in this - even with the clear containers. It is a great thought and I would be willing to give it a try.

I think it could to some degree. If you like what you see in the front of the fridge, it may be the first thing you grab instead of the fruit or other healthy food which may be behind it. I think there is some psychological influence in this - even with the clear containers. It is a great thought and I would be willing to give it a try.
I agree Barbara, I think this idea would work pretty good for children especially. They said to hide the things that are not good for you in the crisper so you don't see it.

It might work for kids but it would never work for me. If I knew the Hershey bar was in there, I wouldn't quit digging until I found it.

I'm with you Theresa, the chocolate craving would win out over anything else that may be in the refrigerator. Knowing its in there would keep me digging around for it also. If only we didn't have our temptations.......................

Back