Do you use plastic tupperware and containers?

DomDom

Are yo uaware that plastic tupperware and containers contain xenoestrogens? They are harmful and contaminate your food!

Sinec I learned this I have started using glass containers. They are less practical but get the job done and are better for my health!

What do you use ?

I'm going through the converting phase. I used plastic often as my storage containers. Someone bought me a set that was glass and I fell in love with them The guys in the house microwave in the plastic containers and end up destroying them. I found that Tupperware makes a decent brand.

I am not a fan of tupperwares. But I used some stainless containers. They are much healthier containers.

I have been hearing this and the other day I read an article about not leaving water bottles in the car. It can be dangerous to your health. I have three children so we use some plastic in the home, but when I microwave I use glass dishes.

I have heard this too. I sold Tupperware for many years and some of their products are not meant for the microwave. I have seen how the plastic can melt and I'm sure it gets into our food. I haven't made the switch to glass other than when actually microwaving. I still use the Tupperware for storage. Maybe when I win the lottery!

I still use plastic Tupperware for storing items in the fridge, but I always transfer it to a glass dish before microwaving. Sometimes, when I am feeling extra lazy I just wrap the 13 inch by 9 inch pan and place it in the fridge, after we are done eating. :)

I use plastic to store food in the fridge, but I do also use glass. Once my microwave broke, I never bothered to replace it. I read that microwave foods are not good for you. My foods are slow cooked and reheated the old fashion way.;)

I use plastic to store food in the fridge, but I do also use glass. Once my microwave broke, I never bothered to replace it. I read that microwave foods are not good for you. My foods are slow cooked and reheated the old fashion way.;)
Microwaves are supposed to cause carcinogens in the food you cook in them. There are a lot of studies out on how microwaves are bad or not bad for our health but who knows which ones to believe. I use y microwave for TV dinners and just to heat food up. I never use it to actually cook a meal and prefer the old fashioned way also.

I have heard this too. I sold Tupperware for many years and some of their products are not meant for the microwave. I have seen how the plastic can melt and I'm sure it gets into our food. I haven't made the switch to glass other than when actually microwaving. I still use the Tupperware for storage. Maybe when I win the lottery!

Hi I have Tupperware and cheap plastic hubby brings home?? I hate plastic. Tupperware OK & hat other brand (at a blank ? ) I check & read about them & slowly toss chepies. Dont tell on me.

Back