Do you take supplements to lose weight?

christine

I started taking CLA (conjugated Linoleic Acid), Dr. Oz mentioned that he helps reduce belly fat. But, I don't know, I don't think it agrees with my system. I want to lose belly fat naturally. But I am starting to lose patience - I'm thinking about getting a tummy tuck instead.

I am significantly overweight. I began seeing a sleep disorders doctor 2 years ago because of my apnia. This past November, he started me on a low-carb diet and I lost 20 lbs in a couple of moths. Then I plateaued for a couple months. I am still on low-carb but I also take a prescription diet pill - a half-dose each day - just enough to help smooth out the cravings. So far I am down a total of 40 lbs since Nov. I don't know about supplements but this working. Slow and steady wins the race.

Wow TheresaL, great job losing all of the weight! I am on a low carb diet as well. However, I think it is more about a lifestyle change as oppose to a diet. Either way, keep up the good work.

I think of it as a lifestyle change too. I used the word diet but I don't get too hung up on the word. I can't imagine going back to my old way of eating.

I started taking CLA (conjugated Linoleic Acid), Dr. Oz mentioned that he helps reduce belly fat. But, I don't know, I don't think it agrees with my system. I want to lose belly fat naturally. But I am starting to lose patience - I'm thinking about getting a tummy tuck instead.
Supposedly. taking a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar every day will help to lose belly fat. I dont know if this is true or not but it cant hurt to try because vinegar is good for your system anyway. It tastes better if you add it to a salad or some other food.

Supposedly. taking a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar every day will help to lose belly fat. I dont know if this is true or not but it cant hurt to try because vinegar is good for your system anyway. It tastes better if you add it to a salad or some other food.
I have some apple cider vinegar in the pantry. I will do some research on this and if it seems likely, I'll give it a shot. I am one of those "apple" shaped people which means I have more fat in the belly area than other places. It also means I am more prone to heart attacks and strokes. That's why I am working so hard to lose it. Thanks for the tip!

Back