Dishwasher or manual cleaning?

DomDom

Hey guys how do you clean your kitchen tools and pots? I personally own a dishwasher but I have to say I am not satisfied with it. My dishwasher isnt very strong so you always have to clean the plates before putting them inside. Honestly this is a total chore because if I am already cleaning the dishes I might finish the job altogether and not waste electricity and water on the dishwasher!

What do you guys prefer ?

I think generally it's a lot easier to use a dish washer to wash dishes. However, I wash my pots and pans by hand. A lot of times there will be food, especially in pans, that a dishwasher can't take care of. Most of the time I ended up washing them after I took them out of the dishwasher so I just stopped putting them in there all together and manually washed them from the start. It's always good to rinse them off as soon as you're done using them, it makes it a lot easier when you're ready to wash them.

Yeah I do the same things you said you do. I wash my pots and pans (sometimes plates too) by hand because the food simply cant be taken care of by the dishwasher! Thats why I am thinking about getting rid of the dishwasher altogether. If I am paying for the electricity and water and I still have to clean everything then whats the point? Did anybody stop using their dishwasher? I am seriously thinking about selling it.

I used to love using dishwashers, but when I get married half a year ago, the hubs and I moved into a little suite that didn't have a dishwasher. We've been doing everything by hand, and I have to say, it feels really wonderful. Everything seems to get a little cleaner, and I find myself forced into better habits (it's best to wash your dishes right away - it results in a cleaner kitchen more of the time!). Whenever I visit my mom's house, I wash her dishes by hand now too. Like you said, putting dishes into the dishwasher after you already rinse them off just feels like an additional chore and a waste of time, space, electricity, and water.

My thoughts exactly! Getting rid of the dishwasher forces you to adapt and clean the dishes right after you are done with them! Its really the best thing for the cleanliness of your kitchen and your wallet :)

I put my pot and pans in the dish washer and they come out clean. I am not sure if it's the gel I am using or what. Now,I just scrap the plates and load them. no rinsing or anything for me. I use liquid from family dollar or powder from the dollar tree and both clean great. Tonight,I have some tablets things coming from walmart that were on sale. top of the line brand forgot the name right now.

Hey guys how do you clean your kitchen tools and pots? I personally own a dishwasher but I have to say I am not satisfied with it. My dishwasher isnt very strong so you always have to clean the plates before putting them inside. Honestly this is a total chore because if I am already cleaning the dishes I might finish the job altogether and not waste electricity and water on the dishwasher!

What do you guys prefer ?
I always rinse the dishes and use a long handled scrubber to remove any food tidbits before placing them in the dish washer. I'm single and rarely have company over for meals but love to cook meals for myself. I generally have a dishwasher full by the end of the week which is when I normally run the dishwasher. It's the last thing I do before going to bed at the end of a very busy work week.

I clean the dishes manually the second I am done cooking and the meal is plated or stored. I cannot stand leaving things sitting or soaking or, generally, in the sink. It just makes for a bigger job later. My guy, however, is not the same at all and tends to 'soak' everything. Which is code for: Do not want to do it now.

I used to have a dishwasher and rarely used it. I prefer to do my dishes and pots by hand. I know that dishwashers are supposed to sterilize everything and they probably do but when I wash by hand, I use very hot water and my dishes sparkle. These days, i don't have a dishwasher and I don't miss it at all.

Well considering that I don't have a dishwasher, I wash all my dishes by hand. I do rinse the dishes before I wash them to get some of the food particles off. One day I hope to have a dishwasher because it would be a convenience for me. However, I'll still wash some pots and pans by hand.

I use a dishwasher at home. I used to have a problem with it not cleaning off all of the food, or smudges. I found that putting a half-scoop of oxi-clean really does the trick. I have never seen my glasses so sparkling, even out of the package! I still get all of the food off, but never need to worry about sauces, or anything else sticking to them.

I use a dishwasher at home. I used to have a problem with it not cleaning off all of the food, or smudges. I found that putting a half-scoop of oxi-clean really does the trick. I have never seen my glasses so sparkling, even out of the package! I still get all of the food off, but never need to worry about sauces, or anything else sticking to them.

This is an interesting idea - so oxi clean is safe to use in the dishwasher on dishes? If so, I may have to give this a try!

There is one labeled "versatile." You can use it for just about anything. I haven't even explored most of the uses they have one the container. But we always take turns buying a jumbo tub for the house. We are a group of young professionals, who can be admittedly messy! :)

We wash dishes by the hand here, but that is partly because our dishwasher decided to die on us. We always washed dishes by hand before and then when we finally got a dishwasher, it was a relief. Anyways, we are back to washing them by hand and it really is not that bad. I think the dishes come out cleaner when washing by hand. Plus, I always had bad experiences with the dishes in the dishwasher having residue from the soap on them.

I always wanted a dishwasher, so I just wash everything by hand. It's become therapeutic, it's my time to just zone out and not worry about anything. I have noticed that people with dishwashers always had to pre-wash everything. I always thought that was a waste of time and money.

Back