Detox Water

Slowcookmama

Sometimes you just have to take time to detox your body. everyone has their own way of trying to eliminate toxin from their body. I found an interesting detox water recipe that I will try.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 gallon water
  • 6 wedges grapefruit
  • 1 tangerine, sliced
  • ½ cucumber, sliced
  • 2 peppermint or mint leaves
  • Ice
Directions
Rinse grapefruit, tangerine, cucumber and mint leaves. Slice cucumber, grapefruit, and tangerine (or peel). Combine all ingredients in a half gallon pitcher. Allow the ingredients to sit for 2 hours for maximum benefits. Drink throughout the day.
Stir & Enjoy!

Thanks for the detox water recipe. It's sound much more doable that the lemonade diet I've done in the past. But for those who want to really challenge themselves, here is the recipe.

2 tbsp of organic lemon juice - I've used regular lemon juice in the past.
2 tbsp of grade B maple syrup - Must be Grade B- found in most health food stores.
1/4 tsp or less teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Or more if you like things spicy.
10 oz of distilled water

You would need to drink at least 6-10 servings a day. There are no specific guidelines when you should drink the lemonade, but as a rule of thumb, drink it when you are hungry. If you get tired of drinking this concoction, but want to continue you can drink herbal tea (no sugar or honey).

read more and recipe from lemonadedietrecipe.org

I've heard about the lemonade detox before, but cayenne pepper? whoa, don't know if that's for me.

Is there a length of time you're supposed to drink the mixes for detox? I've heard the lemon/cayenne should be for a week. Any time frame for the grapefruit/tangerine?

Back