Desserts or Cocoa in the crock pot?

knoonz

I've heard of people making desserts in the crockpot, although I've never tried it myself. Does anyone have a good crockpot dessert recipe? I'm partial to chocolate and I imagine that melted chocolate in the slowcooker could be absolutely divine.

I've also often wondered about using the crockpot for things like hot cocoa or sipping chocolate. Anyone have any experience with that who can provide me with some tips?

Chocolate Cake in a Crock

2 cups white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

Recipe Instructions:

1. Spray large crock with cooking spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil and vanilla well. Whisk in the boiling water. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix again. Pour the cake batter into your crock.
  3. Set to "Low". Cook until cake has no wet spots on top and has pulled away from the sides of the crock, about 3 hours. Turn off crock and allow cake to sit for 30 minutes before serving.
  4. Don't open your crock until closer to the end of the cooking process. It seems the steam helps with the moisture content.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup or even top with warm cherry pie filling if you like cherries! That was a marvelous alternative to the ice cream!

Huh! Gotta say I never thought about making a dessert with the crockpot! Very creative!
What do you think about adding some plum jam on top of this cake ?

Back