Daylight-saving time begins on March 8, 2015

Geri K

Who is looking forward to daylight savings time?
Origin of DST
Ancient Civilizations
Although DST has only been used for about 100 years, the idea was conceived many years before. Ancient civilizations are known to have engaged in a practice similar to modern DST where they would adjust their daily schedules to the Sun's schedule. For example, the Roman water clocks used different scales for different months of the Year.
timeanddate.com/time/dst/history.html

Spring is around the corner! I love to see the snow during winter, but love the thought of springtime coming!

There is a saying that winter always turns into spring. However, with today's climate changing the seasons are starting to merge together.

I will be so glad when they do away with this changing of the clocks. I really don't see the point in this day and age.

I will be so glad when they do away with this changing of the clocks. I really don't see the point in this day and age.
I agree Theresa. I believe it would work out better if we had DST all year long. Maybe the winter would not seem so long a it does now if we didn't have darkness in the early evening starting every Fall.

I always have such a hard time adjusting my body clock and then I'm tired for a whole week.

I am the same way Theresa. It seems especially worse this time as I am also very tired and everything just seems off. By the end of the week it should be back to normal and the extra light is very welcomed.

Back