Cure for Grey Hair

Geri K

Supposedly taking a teaspoon of black strap molasses each day for a few months will reverse or stop grey hair. Has anyone ever heard of this or knew anyone who tried it? There is a ton of information on this and a lot of testimonials that say it works.

I have not heard of this before, but interested in learning more. I really don't like the taste of molasses, so I wonder if it can be mixed with something to take away the taste.

I have not heard of this before, but interested in learning more. I really don't like the taste of molasses, so I wonder if it can be mixed with something to take away the taste.
There are two reasons why blackstrap molasses is so good for our hair. Firstly, many of the minerals found in blackstrap, such as selenium, manganese and zinc, are antioxidants which, due to their free radical-scavenging abilities, are well-known for their anti-aging benefits. In fact, one of the most immediately noticeable benefits of regular blackstrap consumption is softer and smoother skin and hair.

Secondly, 1 tablespoon of blackstrap contains 20 percent of our recommended daily allowance of the essential trace mineral copper. Though copper is toxic in high quantities, it does perform several important functions in the body when consumed in moderation -- including helping the body to produce melanin, the pigment responsible for hair color. This copper content is the reason why so many people, including elderly people, find that their hair returns to its original color after long-term blackstrap consumption
There are two ways to use blackstrap molasses for hair-improving purposes. The first and most popular way is to simply take it as a health supplement. Every day, mix 1 or 2 tablespoons of organic, unsulphured blackstrap molasses (sulphured blackstrap contains fewer nutrients) into a cup of boiling water and drink the mixture once it has cooled. Though some people report immediate benefits to their hair within weeks, it usually takes months of regular consumption before the most significant improvements -- such as color restoration and regrowth -- start to manifest.

Alternatively, you could use blackstrap molasses as a shampoo. Anyone who has dealt with molasses before will understand why this is not an appealing option, but it does work. To do so, apply some blackstrap that has been partially diluted with water to the scalp and allow it to sit for 15 minutes. This will allow the molasses' many nutrients to nourish and rejuvenate the hair follicles. Finally, wash it off with warm water.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/046100_blackstrap_molasses_hair_growth_nutrition.html#ixzz3UyAucDcu

naturalnews.com/046100_blackstrap_molasses_hair_growth_nutrition.html#ixzz3UyAbOCdG

I think I would use blackstrap molasses as a shampoo or even a deep conditioner. However, this is very informative. Thank so much Geri K.

I don't know, it seems that washing our hair with molasses would make it real sticky and not able to be rinsed out easily. I don't think I would try it.

I know what you mean Geri k. I make a mixture with honey, oil and cheap conditioner and it wasn't sticky at all.

Back