Crockpot BBQ Chicken Recipe

Shellyann36

Ok folks tonight for supper we are having Crockpot BBQ Chicken. I found this recipe on Pinterest and fell in love with its simplicity. Here is the recipe.

4 to 6 pieces of boneless skinless chicken breast ( since I am the only one who likes chicken breast in our family I used thighs and drum sticks as well as one piece fo breast for me. )
1 bottle of bbq sauce
1/4 c vinegar
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp. garlic powder

Put the chicken in the crock pot and mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl. I mixed mine together on the stove in a pot so that I could assure that the brown sugar melted completely. Pour over your chicken. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.

I put my chicken in frozen and that was a mistake. It made too much water so I ended up taking the chicken out at the end point and placing it in a glass baking dish and covering it with more sauce. I put it in the oven for a few minutes at 350 degrees just so I could get the chicken glazed with the sauce.

I served this with potato salad and some green beans.

My family really likes it. I do have a picture when I figure out how to load it here!

I can't dare put pepper in mine though. I love just making regular b b que chicken in mine. Just add the chicken season it a little and a bottle of sweet baby rays sauce. let it cook down till it falls off the bone and Bam! ready to smack on..

I prefer chicken breast because of the way it shreds when you slow cook it with a sauce. It's just perfect for sandwiches or tacos or whatever you're trying to fill with delicious meat. Nice recipe. Might throw this on this weekend.

Back