Crockpot Apricot Nut Bread with Taste of Home

MyDigitalpoint

Crockpot Apricot Nut Bread with Taste of Home

There is not more hearty bread that the bread prepared at home, sweet home so, why don't you try this tasty recipe?

Slow Cooker Ingredients:

3/4 cup dried apricots
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 Tbsp grated orange peel
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

Recipe Instructions:

- Place the apricots on a chopping block. Sprinkle 1 T flour over them.
- Dip a knife into the flour and chop the apricots finely.
- Flour the knife often to keep the cut up fruit from sticking together.
- Sift the remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar into a large bowl.
- Combine the milk, egg, orange peel, and oil.
- Stir the flour mixture and the whole wheat flour.
- Fold in the cut up apricots, any flour left on the cutting block and the walnuts.
- Pour into a well greased, floured baking unit.
- Cover and place on a rack in the crock pot, but prop the lid open a fraction with a toothpick or a twist of foil to let excess steam escape.
- Cook on High for 4 to 6 hours.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Serve warm or cold.

A baking unit is a unit for slow cookers that some manufacturers produce, but if you don't have any or can't find any, use small baking molds, muffin cups or 2-pound coffe can as your baking unit.

Yield is 4 to 6 servings

A word of caution: do not lift the crock pot lid while baking this bread.

Last edited:
You made this in your crockpot? Wow! I didn't know this was possible. Thanks for sharing. Now I need to find a baking unit. Any suggestions on where to start?

This sounds like a great recipe. I have yet to bake bread in my crock pot so I think I will have to start with this one! Thank you for sharing. Not lifting the lid will be hard for me. I am a lid lifter at heart!

This sounds like a great recipe. I have yet to bake bread in my crock pot so I think I will have to start with this one! Thank you for sharing. Not lifting the lid will be hard for me. I am a lid lifter at heart!
I love that saying--- lid lifter! I am one too!

I love that saying--- lid lifter! I am one too!
LOL yes I am afraid I suffer from this disease. I would have a hard time cooking that bread completely without checking on it. I guess I have come up with a new name. We can be Team Lid Lifter. LOL

LOL yes I am afraid I suffer from this disease. I would have a hard time cooking that bread completely without checking on it. I guess I have come up with a new name. We can be Team Lid Lifter. LOL
That's so funny! I think I mostly lift the lid to grab a taste of the food!

All this time I've been contemplating buying a bread machine and I can do it in the crockpot! If there's one thing I love more than savory dinners made in the crock pot it's hot bread from a bread machine and now I can have both! Awesome recipe! Thanks for sharing ^_ ^

What a good recipe. I have never tried Apricot bread, but this is tempting.

Call me naive, but I could not figure out how to do something like this.

Very interesting recipes that I have found in here. I am very pleased. ;)

Back