Crock Pot Meat loaf

charlye

I am looking for a recipe for a good meat loaf that can be cooked in a crock pot. It needs to be easy (my request) and taste good. Hubby's request.
I don't mind a lot of things in my meat loaf like onions, peppers, spices
So we are not picky eaters but we love meat loaf and would like it for crock pot as I would like to be able to go some where and have it ready when we come home.
Thank for all the help
charlye

Hello Charlye!

Trying meatloaf in the crockpot is one of my things to try. I have always cooked it the old fashioned way. But, here is a simple crockpot meatloaf recipe I found for you to try. If you like to add onions and bell peppers to the mix, you can do this also.

Ingredients

2 pounds of lean hamburger
2 eggs
1 Sleeve of Saltine Crackers
Ketchup
Salt and pepper
1 small onion, chopped

Instructions

Start by crumbling up your crackers. I keep the sleeve closed and just gently crush them until I'm ready to use them.
Crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat them with a fork.
Add the meat, chopped onion, crushed crackers and salt and pepper to taste.
Mix it all together with your hands and put it in the crockpot. I pat it down a bit so it molds itself to the shape of the crockpot. Pour enough ketchup on top to cover your meatloaf. Cook on low for 8 -9 hours.

Source: Hillbilly Housewife

Thank Barbara G and hillbilly housewife
thank you both, I will get my grocerys in the morning and try this tomorrow.
thank you so very. I will let you know how it turns out and how dh likes it.
I have been craving meatloaf since I posted it. None of the resturants were serving any
so I said fine I will do it myself. So tomorrow is D. day. Meatloaf crockpotmeat losf and
Chedder Potatoes Gratin I will have both crockputs going. I just thought of something
we are going out to supper with the friends we went to see in AK. They will only be here
only a few more days. My I ask her to join us here. She is a wonderful cook and uses CP.
I am sure she would enjoy it and be able to add some great recipes.
charlye is therea place to put other recipes NOT forcrock pot . I have a special
recipe I have used for a very long time they are very special because it save my life
when I was so very sick and couldn't hold very many foods. I would love to share.
charlye

I just thought of something
we are going out to supper with the friends we went to see in AK. They will only be here
only a few more days. My I ask her to join us here. She is a wonderful cook and uses CP.
I am sure she would enjoy it and be able to add some great recipes.

charlye is therea place to put other recipes NOT forcrock pot . I have a special
recipe I have used for a very long time they are very special because it save my life
when I was so very sick and couldn't hold very many foods. I would love to share.
charlye

Charlye,

You are welcome to invite others to join us here in the forums. We are wanting to build our membership here, so please invite. :D

As far as other recipes which are not crockpot related, you are more than welcome to post them in the Health and Nutrition if they are healthy or nutritional recipes. Or, you can add it to the General Chat section if you feel it would be a better place to put it. :)

Thank you!

Back