Crock-Pot Crazy Pineapple Chili

Geri K

Ingredients
  • 20 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage (bulk, or links with casings removed)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped to equal about 2 cups
  • 1 20-ounce can pineapple tidbits in juice (divided)
  • 2 28-ounce cans seasoned diced tomatoes (such as Dei Fratelli)
  • 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
  • 1½ tablespoons chili powder
  • 4 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • shredded reduced-fat cheese, reduced-fat sour cream and hot sauce (such as Tapatío) for serving, if desired
Preparation
  1. In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onions, stirring to crumble sausage. Once sausage is cooked through, drain off any fat and transfer the sausage and onions to your slow cooker.
  2. Drain the pineapple, reserving both the juice and the fruit separately. Add the juice to the slow cooker. Cover and store the fruit in the refrigerator (it will be added toward the end of cooking).
  3. Add tomatoes, black beans, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin and garlic to the slow cooker.
  4. Stir everything to combine.
  5. Cook on low (6-8 hours), adding reserved pineapple during last hour or two of cooking, or on high (4-5 hours), adding pineapple during last ½ hour – hour of cooking.
  6. Serve topped with cheese, sour cream and hot sauce, if desired.
twohealthykitchens.com/2014/01/23/crock-pot-crazy-pineapple-chili/

Hmm...I have not really thought about adding pineapple to chili. It sounds very interesting to me!
It has never crossed my mind to add pineapple to chili before either. If someone is a lover of pineapple then it would taste really good to them. Myself, I am not going to try it because I do not care for pineapple much.

I never really thought I would like pineapple on pizza, but really it is not really that bad. I wouldn't want it everyday, but I do have it from time to time.

I never really thought I would like pineapple on pizza, but really it is not really that bad. I wouldn't want it everyday, but I do have it from time to time.
I must admit that pineapple and Canadian bacon on a pizza is pretty good. The one from Schwann is the best one I ever had, but as you said, Barbara, not something to have very often.

Back