Crock Pot Candy

HerTasteBuds

My sister recently found 2 wonderful recipes for crock pot candies. She was kind enough to share the delicious goodness with me and I give both of these a 10 out of 10 rating!

These seem to be great ideas for the time challenged person who would really like to make people think that they have created something special! Hey, that's me! In reality these are so simple to make and terribly addicting!

Chocolate Peanut Crock Pot Candy

Recipe Ingredients:

1 (16 ounce) package dry roasted salted peanuts
1 (16 ounce) package unsalted dry roasted peanuts
1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (4 ounce) German sweet chocolate bars
32 ounces white almond bark

Slow Cooker Instructions:

Put the peanuts in the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker. Layer the chocolate over the peanuts, beginning with the sweet chocolate, followed by the chocolate chips and then the almond bark. Set the temperature on low and cook for 3 hours. Do not stir the mixture.

After 3 hours, stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth. Drop the candy into cupcake pan liners using about 2 tablespoons per liner. Allow the candy to cool completely before removing the cupcake liners.

CHOC.jpeg

Recipe courtesy of foodnetwork.com

Crock Pot Soft Peanut Brittle-ish Candy Recipe

Slow Cooker Ingredients:

3 cups of fine bakers sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
4 cups of your favorite nuts
4 T butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp baking soda
parchment paper
cookie sheet

Recipe Instructions:

Drop the 4 tablespoons of butter into your crock pot. Add the sugar and the corn syrup on top of the butter. Pour in the vanilla.

Cover your crock pot and turn to high for one hour.

Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.

After an hour, stir well to mix everything around. Add the baking soda. It will sizzle and make fun noises.
Your sugar mixture will be kind of milky-yellow and the sugar might still look granulated.

Cover again and cook on high for another 30 minutes. Check and stir in nuts.
Cover and cook again for another 15-30 minutes, or until the sugar mixture is brown and looks the color of peanut brittle. Or a payday candy bar.

Stir in your nuts.

Then, USING OVEN MITTS, carefully (CAREFULLY! seriously---use the oven mitts) pour half of the pot onto each cookie sheet and spread out with a spatula.
It will be lumpy, that's because there are nuts.

Let cool at room temperature for about an hour, then tear into pieces.

brittle.JPG

Photo and recipe courtesy of the brilliant bystephanielynn.com

That picture of the brittle makes me want brittle now. I rarely ever eat it but when it's fresh there is not much better than that. I never enjoyed a super hard chewy brittle. So, very excited about giving this one a try. Also totally down with Moniqa's swap. You could throw a mix of nuts or a ton of other options in this thing.

That picture of the brittle makes me want brittle now. I rarely ever eat it but when it's fresh there is not much better than that. I never enjoyed a super hard chewy brittle. So, very excited about giving this one a try. Also totally down with Moniqa's swap. You could throw a mix of nuts or a ton of other options in this thing.

Joan, This weekend I tried it with almonds...It was decadent!!! I intend on trying it with pecans and maybe some chocolate chips next time since those are my 2 favorite nuts and you can't go wrong with chocolate ;) Maybe it will taste like a pecan turtle...if so then I will have to make them all of the time!

Also, the chewy is such a nice change. It is almost like a PayDay candy bar type texture. I prefer the chewy, definitely. Fresh brittle is so great and the crunch is fine with me as long as it is fresh. After a few days or a week, it just gets too hard for me even when I have stored in it a ziplock bag.

I think you will enjoy the "not so brittle, brittle!"

Chocolate Peanut Crock Pot Candy

Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package dry roasted salted peanuts
1 (16 ounce) package unsalted dry roasted peanuts
1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (4 ounce) German sweet chocolate bars
32 ounces white almond bark

Instructions:
Put the peanuts in the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker. Layer the chocolate over the peanuts, beginning with the sweet chocolate, followed by the chocolate chips and then the almond bark. Set the temperature on low and cook for 3 hours. Do not stir the mixture.

After 3 hours, stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth. Drop the candy into cupcake pan liners using about 2 tablespoons per liner. Allow the candy to cool completely before removing the cupcake liners.

View attachment 11

Recipe courtesy of foodnetwork.com

My sister made this (or something VERY SIMILAR) to this, and it was the most addictive, scrumptious, delicious candy I'd tasted in a long while! It tastes like exactly what you're craving when you go for a Hershey's almond bar, but when you go out and buy one, it doesn't quite hit the spot. This recipe is the kind of recipe that, if you fell into a vat of it, you'd die happy.

I am so trying to lose a few pounds. I am so wanting to try both of these since my daughter mike like them both. I need to jot down the items needed. wow..

I want to try the brittle but I want to use cashew instead of peanuts.
My sister recently found 2 wonderful recipes for crock pot candies. She was kind enough to share the delicious goodness with me and I give both of these a 10 out of 10 rating!

These seem to be great ideas for the time challenged person who would really like to make people think that they have created something special! Hey, that's me! In reality these are so simple to make and terribly addicting!
this sounds really good what a different idea on making candy easy to cant wait to try this

Back