Crock Pot and Slow Cooker Tips for Cooking

Barbara G.

Staff member
Cooking tips will help you make the most out of using your crock pot or slow cooker. There are many tried and true cooking tips to help you in your cooking adventures. Here are a few to get you started:

• The amount of food placed in a crock pot or slow cooker should be half to three-fourths of your cooking crock - this will give you the best results in cooking.
  • Every time you remove the lid during the cooking process, plan on adding another 15 minutes to the cooking time of the recipe.
  • When using the low setting, the temperature will remain right below the temperature of boiling.
  • When cooking on the high setting, the food will cook twice as fast as using the low setting in most cases.
  • When the cooking is done, the food can safely stay in the crock pot or slow cooker for up to two hours - as a general rule.

Do you have some tips for cooking you would like to share regarding crock pot and slow cooker use?

I did not know that every time I remove the lid during the cooking process, I had to add another 15 minutes to the cooking time of the recipe. thanks

Back