Chili Recipe

Geri K

I am looking for an easy chili recipe for the crockpot. I prefer to have the chili on the soupy side rather than thick. So far the ones I have tried have never turned out well and didn't taste too good.

This is one thing I have been trying to perfect. I take my favorite chili recipe and do it in the crockpot and it is not quite the same as of yet. Here are some things I am going to try though:

Use lower fat ground beef to reduce the fatty liquids as compared to that I make on the stove. I think for me, this is part of my problem with trying the same recipe in the crockpot. Another thing I do is to reduce the liquid because for me, my chili recipes comes out way too soupy and seems to lose the flavor it should have.

I have not tried this one yet, but am going to see how this crockpot recipe for chili turns out very soon:

This is one thing I have been trying to perfect. I take my favorite chili recipe and do it in the crockpot and it is not quite the same as of yet. Here are some things I am going to try though:

Use lower fat ground beef to reduce the fatty liquids as compared to that I make on the stove. I think for me, this is part of my problem with trying the same recipe in the crockpot. Another thing I do is to reduce the liquid because for me, my chili recipes comes out way too soupy and seems to lose the flavor it should have.

I have not tried this one yet, but am going to see how this crockpot recipe for chili turns out very soon:

Seems like a crockpot adds liquid to recipes probably because of the moisture not being able to be released. I have noticed also that some recipes will get watery like that.

Back