Chicken Soup Recipe, anyone?

charahome

I am looking for a new recipe for chicken soup but with rice.

Does anyone have any around that would like to share. I would like it for four servings. Thank you in advance.

You can take a really nice Chicken Noodle Soup recipe and adapt it to your liking.

I have done this before and would precook my rice and add it to my soup after the base is done.

I boiled chicken to shred into my soup base/broth, added some diced veggies like carrots and celery and used regular store bought broth mixed with this wonderful stuff called "Better Than Broth." The label doesn't lie. It makes the richest, most natural tasting broth that I have found. I have never used actual chicken to make a broth because of the fat that I see floating around. In all honesty, it kind of grosses me out so I opt for the canned and the Better Than Broth. I let all of my ingredients simmer while I cook my rice and do not add my rice until shortly before serving just giving it enough time to reheat. White and wild rice are both nice in the soup. I however prefer the wild rice since it seems like it holds its form a bit better.

Back