Carry Ins / Events

mama2012

A few years ago I started using my crockpots for all events that I needed to transport food that needed to stay warm. This can be food that was prepared in the crockpot but doesn't have to be. I have even used the crockpot to transport mashed pototes. For this reason, I have several different crockpots of different sizes. This helps with the transportation, keeping the food warm and using crock pot liners helps with clean up. Just like my father always told me, work smarter, not harder :)

I use crockpots for mashed potatoes as well. For my family's Thanksgiving, we go through 4 large crockpots filled with mashed potatoes and one filled with gravy. I love the pots that have clampable lids. There are two clamps on the lid, one on each side. This makes it so much easier to transport the food.

What a great suggestion!! I wish my crock pot has the fasteners, I had one spill all over my car last year. It was awful!

What a great suggestion!! I wish my crock pot has the fasteners, I had one spill all over my car last year. It was awful!

I saw them at Target, Kohl's Department Store, and Lowes Home Improvement. I have one on my Christmas Wish List.

I know what I want for Christmas. A crock pot with clamps.

I love to be in this forum. I love food. I love to eat. I love crock pot cooking. Now, I love learning all the new things out there that can make my life even easier.

I had a few fiascoes transporting food in crock pots. I wish I knew then what I just learned now. ;)

That's a good topic to talk about. That's a good motto to live by, work smarter not harder. I have a couple different sizes of crock pots as well. Whenever I want to transport some food in them I always use my small one. The food I usually transport the most in it is meatballs and gravy.

Why not clamps separate of the slow cooker itself? That would be a great solution to the problem. I know a few that I would use and with the help of HerTasteBuds I may just combine that logic with a bag for the slow cooker. Never know. ;)

Back