Bread Puddding

Alrikidokie

It's been a long long time since I've had bread pudding and with the holidays coming up I think it would be nice to cook some up. Has anyone ever made bread pudding in the crock pot? What is your go to recipe?

Hello Alrikidokie,

It is nice to meet you! I am helping with the forums and will be posting lots of crock pot recipes, including one for your request. I joined this week and will be working on adding lots of content and photos of slow cooking! Nice to meet you and hope to see you here in the forums soon!

Alrikidokie,

I haven't tried it yet, but this one has me drooling a bit...

Tres Leches Bread Pudding
Recipe courtesy Kelsey Nixon

cq5dam.web.266.200.jpeg

• Total Time:4 hr 15 min
  • Prep: 15 min
  • Cook: 4 hr
  • Level: Easy
Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients
  • Nonstick spray
  • 2 1/4 cups whole milk
  • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 9 large egg yolks
  • 1 loaf challah bread, cut or torn into 1-inch pieces (stale is best)
  • 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
  • Cinnamon Sugar Sauce, recipe follows
  • Freshly whipped cream, for serving
  • CINNAMON SUGAR SAUCE:
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions
Coat the insert of a slow cooker with nonstick spray. Line the insert with aluminum foil for easy removal, letting some foil overhand for handles.

Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and egg yolks. Toss in the cubed bread and the almonds and mix to coat all the bread.

Add the mixture to the slow cooker, cover and cook on low until the center of the bread pudding is set, about 4 hours. Remove the lid and cool. Use the foil handles to lift the bread pudding from the slow cooker. Drizzle individual servings with Cinnamon Sugar Sauce and top with freshly whipped cream.

In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, buttermilk, corn syrup, vanilla and cinnamon and salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat and slowly add the baking soda. At first the sauce will bubble up, just keep stirring. Sauce will thicken as it cools.

Cook's Note: This syrup is a great addition to pancakes, waffles or any dessert.

Found this, too...

Slow-Cooker White Chocolate Bread Pudding
56f03155-e9df-4068-89f5-131ad0ef9b20.jpg

Turn leftover French bread and sweet white chocolate into a rich and satisfying bread pudding dessert.

• Prep Time 10 min
  • Total Time 3 hr 40 min
  • Servings 8
cups French bread cubes
package (6 oz) white chocolate baking bar, coarsely chopped
cup fat-free egg product
3/4
cup warm water
teaspoon vanilla
can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
  • Spray inside of 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place bread cubes in slow cooker. Sprinkle with baking bar.
  • In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over bread cubes and baking bar.
  • Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 hours 30 minutes to 4 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
One cup of white vanilla chips can be used instead of the white chocolate baking bar.

For Slow Cooker Triple-Chocolate Bread Pudding, substitute 12 to 14 slices chocolate bread, cubed (6 cups) for the French bread. Use chocolate sweetened condensed milk instead of the regular sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips in place of the baking bar. Add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon with the milk.

Oh my! Now the Slow-Cooker White Chocolate Bread Pudding looks delicious!! I will have to give this one a try eventually! Mmmm...

Back