Blueberries

DomDom

Hey guys do you use blueberries in your cooking ? Blueberry is really one of the best things you can put in your body. It is full of antioxidants and its health benefits are amazing. You get great taste and alot of vitamins!

It is also FILLED with antioxidants (one of the fruits highest in antioxidants)!
Do you use it ? I started eating them regularly but the only problem is the cost :D

Another great fruit that I would reccomend - the fig! Figs are rich in minerals, vitaminds and antioxidants. We have a fig tree in the garden and to be honest I cant wait for the summer to arrive to eat some! Share some fig recipes if you have any :)

I was under the impression that when you cook blueberries you lose a lot of the nutrients? I'm not entirely sure on that one but I DO love them immensely. I can eat them in a box with a fox. Figs, on the other hand, I feel like I have yet to truly explore. I need to work with them a little more.

There is a documentary I think you will like: The Fruit Hunters. It's about a collection of people (including Bill Pullman) who go around the world trying to preserve fruits that many people have rarely heard of. Might be on Netflix.

As far as I know cooking fruits/vegetables does make them lose their nutrients a little bit BUT on the other hand it also denatures enzymes which aids in the digestion process. I guess the most important thing is just to eat your damn veggies! :D
Pertaining to figs - I have mediterranean roots and spend my summers there often. You can find fig trees around every corner, its marvelous :D
Thanks for the documentary, I will check it out! :)

I don't really use blueberries in my cooking. However, I love to put them in my cereal in the morning. I think my favorite cereal is Raisin Bran with a bunch of blueberries added. They taste so good and it's really healthy for you. That's a win-win in my book!

I wentt to the dr. and I need to eat my vitamins because,I can't absorb pills. I am not sure I like this however,we are going to walmart tonight. I will check and get a small pack just to eat out the package. I was told not to cook my fruits. I am in need of anything to help my nutrition. thanks

Definitively give blueberries a try. They taste wonderful any way you make them. You can eat them solo or add them to cereal like nowicki, its great tasting!

I even started eating blueberries with my breakfast. They are so delicious. Every year, around the 4th of July they are on sale - 3 pints for 5. During the winter I buy frozen blueberries and make smoothies.

I like to put blueberries in breakfast foods---cereal, oatmeal, yogurt. But they're also delicious just to eat plain! They can get really expensive, but lucky for me they grow easily where I live. My aunt had blueberries and they were growing so fast she couldn't pick them all before they got too ripe. We trimmed her plant up and I brought a sprig home to try growing my own--so far so good!!

As far as I know cooking fruits/vegetables does make them lose their nutrients a little bit BUT on the other hand it also denatures enzymes which aids in the digestion process. I guess the most important thing is just to eat your damn veggies! :D
Pertaining to figs - I have mediterranean roots and spend my summers there often. You can find fig trees around every corner, its marvelous :D
Thanks for the documentary, I will check it out! :)
Tomatoes are actually better when they are cooked. The cooking brings out the nutrients in them, have not ever heard this being true of other fruits and veggies though. Cooking tomatoes brings out the antioxidant lycopene more than if you ate it raw.

Back