BBQ Rump Roast Slow Cooker Recipe - One of our favorites

MindyT

BBQ Rump Roast Slow Cooker Recipe - One of our favorites

One of our favorite crockpot meals is really simple. I get one beef roast or rump roast. I don't have a preference. It is usually whatever one is on sale for the week. I put it on low and add a can of Coke. I let it cook all day. The meat is so tender and soft. Before we are ready to eat, I drain the excess juices and add our favorite BBQ sauce for a great BBQ sandwich. The best part, it feeds our family of 3 for several days.
The leftovers make great sandwiches or a topping for a loaded baked potato with all the trimmings.

Has anyone else made this meal?

This reminds me of a pulled pork recipe I made using root beer, and then draining it and putting on bbq sauce.
I've never tried the coke and beef. Interesting!

This is one that I really want to try. I have seen a similar recipe in other places that use Dr. Pepper or root beer. Everyone I have spoken to really likes it. I think it is about time I try it. Does anyone know the difference between using Dr. Pepper, Coke or root beer?

This is one that I really want to try. I have seen a similar recipe in other places that use Dr. Pepper or root beer. Everyone I have spoken to really likes it. I think it is about time I try it. Does anyone know the difference between using Dr. Pepper, Coke or root beer?
It really just depends on your tastes. There's no real difference in terms of cook time due to sugar content or anything significant like that.

I have tried it with Coke and Dr Pepper but not root beer. I could not taste the difference between the two pops (or sodas). I basically used whichever one I had on hand at the time. I might have to try it with root beer just out of curiosity. Just don't forget to drain the juices. I did that once, and the BBQ meat was too watered down. I learned the hard way.

Back